V

Days passed, weeks quickly went by, and boredom soon became an occurring issue for Egypt. Being that Jordan was regularly away at training camp, workouts, meetings, or casually bonding with his new teammates, Egypt's days were almost always spent alone. Aside from Jordan, she knew absolutely no one in Toronto, and staying indoors became something she forced herself to enjoy, as she had never been a homebody prior to their move.

Cooking, doing household chores, spending hours in the gym, and binge watching various shows on Netflix and Hulu had all become part of her routine, and used as outlets to keep herself occupied. YouTube had also been another source of entertainment, due to the enjoyment found in watching makeup tutorials, mukbangs, and popular YouTube couples. Each day was repeated of the same pattern.

     Though Egypt saw no problem in the beginning with keeping herself company, a sudden verge of loneliness crept on her and it only grew stronger by the day. It now made three months since her and Jordan called Toronto their home, and the feeling of being homesick hadn't disappeared. There were days she'd find herself sitting on the couch and randomly bursting into a fit of laughter as the memories of her life in Houston occasionally flashed in her head. She'd spend hours on social media, replaying snaps and Insta stories from friends and former classmates back home. It all made her miss Texas even more.

Egypt frowned at the realization of what was happening. The last conversation she had with her best friend a few weeks ago soon came back to her.

     "Go and experience your new environment!"

That sentence alone, continuously replayed in Egypt's head. Her thoughts roamed, right before she mumbled, "I can't keep doing this to myself. I need to get out of this house."

     With all the time she spent staying at home, she hadn't given herself the opportunity to explore the city she'd been living in, or have an interaction with someone other than Jordan. She'd put herself through enough torture by being confined indoors. That changes today.

Quickly removing the soft throw blanket from her legs, Egypt sprung off the couch and eagerly rushed up the staircase. She had no idea what to do today, but she knew she didn't wanna spend another hour at home. She pranced her way into the bedroom and hurriedly changed into a pair of denim jeans and fitted tee. She placed on her Nike Air Vapormax sneakers for comfort, and slicked her thick hair into a bun. After a quick doublecheck in the bathroom mirror, Egypt made sure to grab her laptop bag and Nikon camera, all before exiting the bedroom.

•••••••••

     The amount of energy displayed on the streets of downtown Toronto surprised Egypt. She hadn't expected to see the city to be so busy at this time of the afternoon. As she casually strolled the sidewalks, the similarities it shared with New York City was all she could think of. With her camera carefully at hand, Egypt made sure to capture every piece of the city. She not only photographed it's distinct landscapes, but she even found herself photographing the few individuals she'd come across. A smile remained on her face the entire time. She was doing one of the few things she loved the most, and that was capturing the beauty in life.

After an hour or so, Egypt drove around the city some more until she stumbled upon a cafe. There was no denying that she could go for a light meal right now, and also her feet needed a break from all the walking she'd been doing.

     "Welcome to Cafe Pamenar." She was greeted by a petite ginger-haired employee at the register. Her name tag read, Emily.

Returning the smile, Egypt looked forward to the menu in front of her. Knowing what she wanted, she placed her order and handed over her debit card. She waited no more than five minutes, before receiving her food and sitting down at an empty table. As she ate, she pulled out her laptop and began uploading the images she'd taken on her camera today. She'd spent at least an hour in the cafe trying to edit each photograph.