VI

Egypt carefully closed the front door of her and Jordan's Toronto Penthouse as quietly as she could. With how silent the home was, she assumed Jordan was asleep and that gave her a sign of relief. It was an hour past midnight and though she hadn't planned on staying out so late, she couldn't help herself. Despite the awkward bathroom encounter she had with Drake, she actually had fun tonight. She interacted with different individuals and even landed a potential networking opportunity. Running into Courtne at the cafe shop was probably the best thing that could have happened to her since the move.

Walking further into the home, Egypt took her time removing the heels on her feet. She held them in her hands, as she tiptoed towards the staircase.

"And where the hell are you coming back from?"

Nearly startled, Egypt glanced forward at the figure that stood at the top of the staircase. A light immediately switched on revealing the eyes that stared directly at her.

"Hey, babe, what are you still doing up-,"

"Oh save it." Jordan folded his arms together. He took a few steps down the stairs, approaching his girlfriend. "I just asked you a question. Where the fuck are you coming back from?"

"The gallery show babe. Remember I told you about it before I left." Egypt softly answered him.

"And you actually expect me to believe that you've been at a gallery show this entire time? Do I look like some dumbass to you?"

"Babe, I did go to the show. I even met a professional photographer that's willing to mentor me. Isn't that amazing?" Egypt smiled. She couldn't hide her excitement.

Jordan rolled his eyes at her. He was so annoyed, and there was no need to hide it. All night he had stayed awake waiting on her return and now that she was back home Egypt was about to hear an earful.

"I don't give a fuck about any photographer right now. What I want to know is where the hell have you been? I'm not gonna ask you again Egypt."

Egypt furrowed her brows, frowning just a little. "Jordan, I just told you where I've been. What more do you want from me?"

"The truth, Egypt. I want the damn truth!"

"Baby, I'm telling you the truth. I have no reason to lie to you."

"And how the fuck am I supposed to believe that?" Jordan raised his voice. "Not only did you come home late as hell, but you smell like fucking alcohol. Which means you've been out here drinking."

"Jordan, last I checked you have my location on your phone. If you were that suspicious of my whereabouts then maybe you should have tracked me down. I went to the show and got a little carried away with the time, but I'm home now." Egypt's tone of voice now matched his. She was becoming frustrated and tired of explaining herself. "And yeah I may have had a drink or two, which I don't think is a crime. In this country, I'm legal to drin-,"

"Egypt just shut the fuck up." Jordan scoffed, interrupting her. "I'm sure you rehearsed that bullshit on the ride back here. You don't even know how to lie."

"For the last time, I'm not lying to you. I've been honest with you the entire time." Egypt dragged out.

"No the fuck you haven't. Just look at you right now." Jordan pointed his finger at her, also causing Egypt to look down at herself as well. "Look at what you're wearing. You look like a cheap-ass prostitute!"