Chapter Three: The Pollywog

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/95667

Same Night - Day One

Night - Henderson House - Living Room

Dustin was trying to sneak into his house with his discovery from outside his home.

To his disappointment and nervousness, he was caught by his mother Claudia. "Dusty!" She stood, walking closer. "Dusty, how was it?"

Dustin stammered nervously. "How was what?"

"How was what?" Claudia repeated. "The greatest night of the year, of course."

Dustin smiled in relief. "Oh. Oh, yeah, it was... it was, uh, tubular."

Claudia frowned. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing," Dustin denied.

"Did something happen?" Claudia asked.

"No," Dustin replied. "What? No."

"Are you constipated again?" Claudia asked.

"No," Dustin answered in complaint. "Mom!"

Claudia gave him a look. "Okay, you're acting weird."

"I am not acting weird," Dustin countered. His discovery from outside was rattling the box in his hand that went with his costume, causing Claudia to exclaim in surprise, while Dustin let out a nervous laugh, and Mews hissed viciously. "Awesome, right? Yeah, I rigged the trap with, uh, a motor to make it look like I caught a ghost. Just like the movie."

Claudia laughed. "Oh, Dusty."

Dustin laughed. "Yeah." They both laughed. "Funny. Look at that. Look at that."

Dustin walked away.

Dustin's Room

Dustin walked into his room, speaking into the box/trap. "I told you to keep quiet. All you had to do was stay still for one minute. One minute." He opened his turtle's cage, placing the lid aside, taking out his turtle. "Sorry, Yertle. Temporary eviction, buddy." He placed his turtle down, opening the box trap, pouring his discovery into the cage, looking at the slimy, gooey creature inside. He was small and slippery, round without a real shape, along with a tail, looking much like a tadpole, but completely different at the same time. "What are you, little guy?" The creature pulled himself into hiding beneath a log in the cage. "What were you doing in my trash? You hungry?" Dustin poured out some candy, looking for what might work, opening 3 Musketeers, ripping pieces off from his candy, dropping it into the cage, taking a bite. "Nougat. Go on, eat." The creature slid out of hiding, but screeched at the light hitting him, darting back under the shadows. "Too hot?" Dustin turned the lamp off. "Sorry about that, little guy." The creature waddled over to the candy on the cage floor, starting to eat. Dustin chuckled as he watched. "You like nougat too, huh? You're pretty cute, you know that? I'm glad I found you." He looked at his candy bar wrapper. "D'Artagnan. I'm gonna call you d'Artagnan. Dart."

Later

Dustin was now sleeping in his bed.

Dart was chittering in his cage, growing in size within seconds, even if it was only a little bit, letting out a screech.