Chapter Nine: The Gate

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/95676

Same Night - Same Scene

Night - Byers House - Living Room

Everyone was still gathered.

Mike walked up to Eleven. "Eleven?"

Eleven gasped in relief. "Mike?"

They embraced each other tightly.

Max looked at the rest of the party. "Is that..."

Dustin, Hailey, Lucas and Niko nodded.

Mike and Eleven pulled away, crying emotionally.

"I never gave up on you," Mike told her. "I called you every night. Every night for--"

"353 days," Eleven finished. "I heard."

"Why didn't you tell me you were there?" Mike asked. "That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her," Hopper answered. He walked up to Eleven. "The hell is this? Where you been?"

"Where have you been?" Eleven replied.

Hopper and Eleven embraced.

Natasha looked at Hopper in realization, scoffing. "You've been hiding her. That's the secret that you were keeping for an entire year."

Mike pushed Hopper. "You've been hiding her this whole time!"

Hopper turned to face him. "Hey! Let's talk. Alone."

Other Room

Mike and Hopper walked in.

Mike immediately turned his anger on Hopper. "Protecting her! Protecting her?"

"Listen," Hopper told him. "Listen to me. The more people know about her, the more danger she's in. And the more danger you and your family are in, and everyone out there."

"Oh, what, so I should be thanking you?" Mike asked incredulously.

"I'm not asking you to thank me," Hopper answered. "I'm asking you to try to understand."

"I don't!" Mike told him. "I don't understand!"

"That's fine," Hopper told him. "That's fine! Just do not blame her! All right? She's upset enough as it is."

Mike pointed to the door. "I don't blame her!" He pointed at Hopper. "I blame you. I blame you!"

Hopper nodded. "That's okay, kid. That's okay."

"No, nothing about this is okay!" Mike argued. "Nothing about this is okay!"

Mike started to punch Hopper.

"Oh, jeez," Hopper said.

Mike continued to hit him. "You're a stupid, disgusting, lying piece of shit!"

Hopper groaned in pain, holding Mike still. "Okay, all right! Stop it."

Mike still tried to hit him. "Liar! Liar! Liar!"

Hopper was just hugging Mike to calm him down. "Stop it. It's okay."

Mike started to cry, calming down in the hug. "Liar! Liar!"