Chapter Five: Dig Dug

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/95671

Same Day - Day One

Night - Byers House - Living Room

The sun was setting.

Joyce was trying to call Natasha.

Natasha: (voicemail) "This is Natasha Reed and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible."

Joyce found another one of Will's drawings, trying to find the place where it was supposed to fit, going through every room trying to find where it was supposed to go, finally finding the right place, putting the paper up.

Will's Room

Niko and Mike were talking with Will, looking around the room at all the drawings on the walls.

"It's like... it's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling," Will explained. "See what he's seeing."

"Like in the Upside Down?" Mike asked.

Will nodded. "Some of him is there. But some of him is here, too."

"Here, like, in this house?" Niko asked.

"In this house and in me," Will answered. Niko walked closer in concern, sitting next to Will. "It's like... it's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more. And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel."

"And the more you see these now-memories," Niko realized.

"At first, I just felt it in the back of my head," Will explained, touching the back of his neck. "I didn't even really know it was there. It's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that. But now it's like... now I remember. I remember all the time."

Mike walked closer. "Maybe... maybe that's good."

Niko gave him an incredulous look. "Good?"

"Just think about it, Niko," Mike told him. "Will's like a spy now. A super spy, like you, Nadia and Natasha. Spying on the shadow monster. If he knows what he's seeing and feeling... maybe that's how we can stop him. Maybe all of this is happening for a reason."

"You really think so?" Will asked.

Mike nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I really do."

"You don't get it, Mike," Niko told him. "You don't know what it's like to actually be a spy and the kind of danger it puts you in when the object you're spying on figures out they're being spied on. You saw what happened to Mama because she was too good of a spy, and look at what the Russians did to her, and to me and Nadia to create the perfect weapons. And now you want Will to spy on this shadow monster thing? It's too dangerous."

"It's the only way we have of stopping this thing, and you know it," Mike told him.

Will looked at the picture of the shadow monster, scared. "What if Niko's right? What if he figures out we're spying on him? What if he spies back?"

"He won't," Mike told them.

"You don't know that," Niko told him.

"We won't let him," Mike told them.