✿ The One With George Stephanopoulos ✿

———————————————————————————

"How do they do that?" Monica asks gesturing at Phoebe and Allison sleeping side by side on the couch in Central Perk.

"I cannot sleep in a public place." Ross admits, also staring at them. "Would you look at her? She's so peaceful." Monica says as she leans in towards them.

"Ah!" Phoebe startles herself awake but somehow Allison manages to continue sleeping. "What-what—what?" Phoebe asks, stammering. "Hi." She says.

"It's okay, you know. You just nodded off again." Ross tells her quietly, letting Allison sleep. "What's going on with you?" Monica asks curiously.

"I got no sleep last night. My grandmother has this new boyfriend and they're both kind of insecure in bed. So—and deaf—so they're constantly reassuring each other that they're having a good time." Phoebe explains.

"You have no idea how loud they are." She says irritated. "Well if you want you can stay with Rachel and me tonight." Monica offers. "Thanks." Phoebe says gratefully as she reaches for her coffee.

"95...96...97." Joey counts as he walks through the doors of Central Perk with Chandler. "See, I told you. Less than a hundred steps from our place to here." Joey says proudly.

"You got way too much free time." Chandler says, patting Joey on the back. "What's up with her?" He asks as he sees Allison conked out on the couch with her flaming hair spread everywhere.

"She was handling finances last night." Joey says making everyone look at him. "What? She had me go over to her apartment to eat ice cream with her after that." He tries to explain.

Everyone nods before Chandler and Joey address Ross, "Hey! There's the birthday boy!" "Ross, check it out. Hockey tickets—Rangers-Penguins tonight at the garden and we're taking you." Joey says.

"Happy birthday, pal." "We love you, man." Ross chuckles a bit. "That's funny. My birthday was seven months ago. So, I'm guessing you had an extra ticket and couldn't decide which one of you got to bring a date?" He guesses.

"Well aren't we Mr. The-Glass-is-Half-Empty?" Chandler asks, deflecting. "I wanted to bring Allison but I bet she's gonna wanna go to bed early tonight." Joey admits sheepishly. Allison stirs in her sleep and starts leaning on Joey, nuzzling him a little.

Joey grins and puts his arm around her before taking a moment to just look at her. He brushes some of the hair out of her face, letting his knuckles softly drag against her cheek. Quickly realizing what he was doing, he turns his attention back to the conversation.

"What's wrong with the 20th?" He asks. "Eleven days before Halloween—All the good costumes are gone?" Chandler asks jokingly.

"Today's the day Carol and I first...consummated our...physical relationship." Ross says. Joey seems confused until Allison murmurs, "It means they had sex, Joe."