☆The One With The Blackout ☆ Part 2

——————————————————————————Joey had just barely sent Ross off onto the balcony when Monica walks in and starts to head towards the balcony

Joey had just barely sent Ross off onto the balcony when Monica walks in and starts to head towards the balcony. Joey and Allison exchange alarmed looks before Joey stops Monica before she could get out there.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asked her. "Outside." Monica said bluntly. "You can't go out there." Joey tries to demand. "Why not?" Monica asks getting exasperated.

"Because of..." Allison starts to think of a reason before Joey interrupts. "The reason." He says nodding wisely. "And that would be?" Monica asked, annoyed. "We...um..can't tell you." Joey says.

"Joey, Allison, what's going on?" Monica asks, trying to get to the point of their nonsense. "Okay. You've got to promise that you'll, never, ever tell Ross that I told you." Joey says.

"About what?" Monica asks curiously. "He's planning your birthday party."Joey blurts out. Allison flicks his back over the excuse. He turns to look at her but Allison just shakes her head scoldingly.

"Oh my God! I love him!" Monica says, getting excited. "You'd better act surprised." Joey tells Monica at the same time that Phoebe comes into the apartment. "About what?" Phoebe asks.

"My surprise party!" Monica announces excitedly. "What surprise party?" Phoebe asks, starting to look hurt. "Oh, stop it. Joey already told me." Monica says playfully.

"Well, he didn't tell me." Phoebe says pointedly at Joey, looking irritated. "Hey, don't look at me. This is Ross's thing." Joey passes the blame.

Phoebe starts to look extremely upset, "This is so typical. I'm always the last to know everything!" She says irritatedly. "No you are not. We tell you stuff." Monica says trying to fix the situation.

"Yuh-huh! I was the last one to know when Chandler got bitten by the peacock at the zoo. I was the last one to know when you had a crush on Joey when he was moving in." Phoebe rants.

Allison looks at both Monica and Joey in surprise and a bit of sadness.

"Oh....looks like I wasn't the last to know." Phoebe says as she looks at the hurt look on Allison's face. "You liked Joey and you never told me?" Allison asked Monica.

"I knew you liked him so I didn't want to tell you'" Monica replies quickly. "I thought we told each other everything!" Allison says meekly.

"What? So I should've told you that I wanted to have sex with and date the guy that you liked the moment you saw him?" Monica asks defensively as she takes a few steps closer to Allison.

"No! I'm just saying that you could've told me anything! Just like I tell you everything!" Allison says as she backs into the couch, feeling cornered by Monica.

"Well you obviously don't tell me everything so I don't tell you everything!" Monica says, raising her voice and stepping even closer.

"But I do tell you everything..." Allison says quietly. "Sure, you do." Monica says sarcastically. "I do!" Allison says trying to defend herself. "Yeah right."

At that, Allison flees from Monica's apartment, not bothering to grab her coat or purse and stumbles into her apartment. With tears beginning to stream down her face she locks the door and lays down on her couch.

She just lays there for a few minutes that feel like hours before collecting herself and heads to the bathroom to make herself look presentable again.

A little while later Allison comes out to find Joey sitting outside her bathroom with a tub of ice cream, two spoons, and a stack of magazines.

"How did you get in here?" Allison asks confusedly. "We have an emergency key remember?" Joey replies while grinning sheepishly. "Is it really an emergency though?" Allison asks quietly.

"Absolutely. My amazing girlfriend is upset so it's my duty to make her happy again." Joey says as he stands up and hugs her tightly. Allison giggles. "What?" He asks softly. "You said duty."

They giggled together for a little bit before falling into a comfortable silence. Joey just stood there hugging her and rocking her slowly back and forth on the balls of his feet.

"Have I ever told you that you're like my own personal teddy bear?" Allison asks, breaking the silence. "Probably." Joey says with a shrug. Soon they migrate over to the couch and just cuddle for a while.

"Could I have the ice cream now?" Allison asks. "Got it." Joey says and pulls apart from her to grab the forgotten ice cream and spoons off the table.

They both dug in and spoke in quiet voices for the rest of the night. At some point they both fells asleep as they cuddled on the couch with the abandoned objects that Joey brought strewn across the floor.

Just barely awake, Joey's eyes flutter open and he gives her a tender kiss on her nose, "Love you." He murmurs sleepily before dozing off only to hear a quiet, "Love you too." before he completely went unconscious.

832 words

A/n I'm so sorry about the wait and the length of this chapter but I've been held up with boy issues and exams for the past while. I know it's an excuse and I promise I'll try to do better in the future!