Chapter 6 - Hesitation

When Dallon woke up, the first thing he noticed was that he was still in the clothes he was wearing at the party.

The second thing was the pain buzzing in his head.

He groaned and got up, trying to remember what happened. His last memory was Brendon and him in the taxi, and it was a little scaring that he didn't even remember how he got here...

That's why he usually doesn’t drink.

He took medicine for his headache and a shower before going to the living room, were Brendon was watching TV.

"Hi Dal, how are you?" he asked, smiling a little bit.

"I've been better..." Dallon mumbled and he looked at his friend. "Don't you have a hangover too?"

"No, I didn't drink as much as you... You were drunk, it was funny" he said, chuckling slightly at the memory but also blushing a little bit.

"I don't really remember it..." Dallon confessed, sitting next to his friend. "I remember the party but I don't remember getting here... We took a taxi, right?"

Brendon nodded and looked at him, seeming disappointed.

"You really don't remember anything after the party?" He asked.

Dallon frowned and tried to remember because the expression on Brendon's face wasn't reassuring...

Maybe he did or said something embarrassing?

Now that he thought about it, he remembered a dream where he was kissing Brendon and the sensations were really vivid, less blurry than usual...

But it couldn't have been real, right?

Oh god, he hoped it wasn't real... He wasn't that desperate...

"No, I don't remember..." He mumbled to Brendon, looking at his lap.

But at the second he looked up at the younger man and noticed the big mark on his neck, the wave of satisfaction that went through him after making it last night was back and he knew it wasn't a dream.

He didn't remember how it happened and what he said, but he was sure that he kissed Brendon last night.

"Well, we just came back here in a taxi and then you went straight up to bed," Brendon said, obviously lying.

"Ok... I just want you to know that I'm not used to drinking and if I said or did weird things I'm really sorry and I didn't mean it..." Dallon couldn't help but say.

"Yeah of course... It's nothing" Brendon mumbled but Dallon didn't miss how sad he looked and he didn't really understand why.

-----

"I really thought Dallon would remember what we did last night or at least a little..." Brendon said to his friends after telling them everything. "I don't get what he wants from me... Every time we kiss he finds an excuse to not face the consequences of it..."

"He's just playing with you Bren, you shouldn't get attached to him, he doesn't love you," Jon said.

"How can you be sure of that?" Brendon asked, and Jon turned his head to Ryan.

"Tell him what Dallon told you at the party"

Ryan seemed hesitant, but Jon insisted.

"Okay..." He mumbled before looking at Brendon who was intrigued. "At the party, I said to Dallon that I thought he had a crush on you and he assured me that it wasn't the case. He told me he wasn't in love with you... But he could have lied! I saw the way he looks at you... He clearly cares about you."