Chapter 1 ~ A New Beginning

"Wake up children! It's time for school!"

I open my eyes to see blurred images. I sit up on my bed still groggy from my sleep.

"I can see you're in no hurry, huh y/n?"

I turn my head to the right. It was my roommate, Amie. I yawn in response.

"Come on, it's December the time to jolly and it's your first day at Ninjago High School!", Amie said in an excited tone.

I scratch my head as I got off my bed and stretch. "Hmm... I don't know New Ninjago City is known for constantly being under attack. I don't know how to feel about that, Amie." I go to my small dresser and got out some warm clothes. A nice sleeved shirt with a high waist jeans. Ami turns around.

"Oh, it's just part of it's charm. Other than that it's a nice city." Amie said as I finished getting dressed, I put on my boots and grabbed a warm sweater. I took notice how Amie is already dressed. That girl has always been an early bird. I quickly get out her makeup bag. I settle on just doing my eyeliner and eyebrows. I grab the brush as I do my hair.

"Yes, getting nearly killed is just part of the city charm. Sometimes, I wished the orphanage just hurry up with the rebuilding the school wing. Then again, who knew the insurance don't cover a Lord Garmadon attack. " I said as I put my hair into two separate braids. The orphanage that I lived in is at the outskirts of New Ninjago City, just enough to avoid MOST of the constant attack. The orphanage wasn't as lucky with the whole Sons of Garmadon event. When the city heard of our certain situation, they allowed the whole orphanage to enrolled into school free of charge in New Ninjago City, until the rebuilding of the school wing is done. Of course, now we have to wake up early to catch the bus.

"Hey Amie, how was New Ninjago City, before you ever came here?" She took a moment in thought. 'Amie sure is taking a while to answer. Hope it's still not a sore subject.'

"It was nice and quiet but even with all these upgrades the city is still the same. Well on what I can see. It would be nice to see the city again." Amie had this somewhat sad look on her face. Which is understandable since she lost her family in the whole stone warriors taking over. I sigh as I put my right arm over her shoulders.

"We're going to miss the bus come on." She put on a bright smile as we both grabbed our school bags. Excitement was flowing out of her. She was skipping the hall dodging the little kids in her way. I can't believe she's wearing a skirt in this type of weather. At least she had leggings under her skirt.

As we made it to the front, the school bus was parked ready to take the very few teens here. Amie and I went in the bus and took are seats in the front. I look at the rising sun. I pull out my phone to check the time

'6:15, damn that's early.' I look towards to my only friend. She was busy jumping in here seat as look around her surroundings as the bus begins it's ride to the next several stops.

The bus began to fill up with more kids. Amie tried to make some new friends some sticks around others just brushed her off. Bus began to get louder. I check my phone to see it just turn 7: 05. 'This isn't so bad', I thought to myself. Then the last stop came. I hear the bus door open and everyone became silent. This pulls me out of my little daze. I notice in the front was a blonde boy standing there. He began to shuffle through trying not to make eye contact. I nudge Amie's right arm. She faces me with the same look I had on. We were entirely confused. The boy sat in the very back of the bus. Now that i'm look there was 3 rows of seats empty. 'That's one way to ignore somebody.' I scan the bus, everybody began to whisper. I began to feel pity the boy. 'Then again he had to do something terrible to be treated like this.' I turn around as I sit back to my seat. My friend did the same thing.