Chapter 19~ Fixing the mess pt.3

I was facing Wu with a staff in my hand. We were a few feet away for each other. He took a fighting stance. I did the same, getting ready.

"Alright you two! I want a clean fight." Cole said being the referee. He glances at me. "Y/n, are you sure you want to do this. There's no shame on backing out." I gave him a determined stare. He just sighs.

"Just don't come crying to me, like what Jay did."

"Hey! I heard that!!" Jay said in annoyance. I laugh at the mood.

"Go!!" Cole yells. Wu and I run to each other. He threw the first strike, which I block with my staff. He pushes me back, my feet sliding on the floor. I stumble a bit before regaining my balance.

I barely notice Wu coming again to strike another blow. I dodge it last second and tried to strike him. Wu moves swiftly away dodging my attack. We were once again facing each other. I begin to run to him ready to strike him down. One after another Wu dodges them. As if he predicted the moves before hand. My arms and legs burns from tiredness, begging me to stop, but I continue on.

Tired from the constant dodging he blocks one of strikes and quickly swung his staff at my sides. Out of bear reflexes I grab the staff and yank it away from his hands. I smile victoriously. As I tried to strike him down with now two staffs. Wu steps away.

"Holy shit! Is she really gonna do it!" Jay said out loud.

"Come on y/n! You can do it!" Kai said excitedly. They began to cheer for me to win. Their cheers brought a smile onto my face.

Wu out of nowhere charged at me. He swiftly knocks his staffs out my hands. With it he tried to knock me off from my feet, but once again last second I move away. Repeatedly, Wu struck many blows at me. I barely manage on escaping and dodging from him.

"I must applauses your improvements. You're lasting much more longer than yesterday." Wu in a blink of an eye, move to side. I didn't time to react when he swipe his staff at my feet making me fall. I land harshly on the ground. I hiss and rub the back part of head, trying to soothe the aching pain.

"But your still have a long way
y/n." Wu said. He stretch his hand down to me. I grab his hand and got up.

"Well at least I lasted longer." I said.

"I didn't knew you were training her, Master Wu." Kai said as he works on the mech.

"That's right, you were still unconscious when we found out about that." Cole said.

"Yes, after all y/n here is an elemental master." Wu said closing his eyes.

I smile on how the mood change into a lighter and happy one.

"What element is she?" Pixal asks curious.

"How about we let y/n answer that, shall we?" Wu said as everyone eyes lands on me. I gulp not liking this.

"Uhh... I'm-" I look away, embarrass for not knowing the answer. "Hold up give me a minute." I said.

"You don't know your elemental power?" Pixal asks but this time to me. I just shrug and continue to think. I close my eyes.

'Come on y/n, remember. Just focus.'

I keep my eyes close and tried to think back.

"Everything is connected, tied together by an invisible string. One can't survive without the other. Everything need each other to keep everything balanced." 

'That's right my dream! He told me what was my power!' 

"That's your power. Your the spirit that binds everything together…"

I open my eyes again, knowing the answer. I smile softly.

"I'm such an idiot, can't believe it took me this long to figure it out." I said shaking my head as Wu laughs at my behavior. Cole, Kai, Jay, and Pixal looked at me weirdly not knowing what's going on.

"I'm the Elemental Master of Spirit. The invisible string that ties everything together... keeping things balanced."

"Spirit? Is that an element?" Kai said. "Oh please, if energy can be an element than so can spirit." I said.

"You got a point there." Kai said as he goes back to the mech. A beeping sound was soon heard.

"Oh no, they're calling up the elevator, Pixal." Jay said sounding nervous. Pixal goes and stops the elevator.

"I stopped it, but it is safe to assume they know where we are."

"What do we do?" Cole said.

"Ohh, I wish Lloyd and the others were here." Jay said not wanting to confront the serpentine army.

"I guess we just got to fight them. Power or no power." Kai was determine to fight against the serpents. Even if he doesn't have his elemental powers, Kai still haves that fire burning deep within him.

"No, I will pay for my own mistakes... Alone." Wu said turning away from us. He slowly walks his way up to the elevator.

"You can't do that. Aspheera will destroy you." Cole was desperately was trying to Wu on going any further. Wu pauses.

"Perhaps that is for the best." He continues and walks down the stairs.

"How can you say that?!" Jay now was too, trying to snap some sense into Wu.

"Because Kai was right. I can not be your master, I can not teach
you to take responsibility, if I run away from my own." He was now at the bottom of the stairs.

"You had paid for my mistakes and for that I am sorry. Allow me to make amends." He turns around and continues his walk to the elevator. I nudge Kai's arm. He looks at me until I gave him a look to say something. He had a sad and guilty face on. Kai runs down the stairs to stop Wu.

"Master Wu don't. I'm sorry that I was angry. We all make mistakes, but giving yourself to Aspheera is another one. She can't be trusted, she'll still be dangerous and on the loose a- and besides all that, we're a family. We stick together, no matter what." Kai went up to Wu and gave him a hug. I smile at the moment. Jay begins to cry earning a question look from Kai.

"What?!"

"T-that was beautiful." He said while sniffling.

"Lets get ready to kick some serpentine butt, together!" Cole said energetically. We all cheer, being determine than ever.