Chapter 14~ A New Home

"Birds chirps, bathing in the sunlight. The sun shines brightly on this peaceful day. Butterflies happily flies through the sky. Everything is connected, tied together by an invisible string. One can't survive without the other. Everything need each other to keep everything balanced." 

My head was laying on someone's lap, in a bed, sick. I had no energy to move nor speak. I just continue to listen to his calming words. 

"That's your power. Your the spirit that binds everything together… you remind me so much of your mother. She had similar powers to you. A mortal girl who wielded magic." 

I look up, trying to see his face. Sadly, his straw hat covers it. He continues to brush his fingers through my hair. 

"If you ever meet your father, don't trust him. He won't be the same man as before."

I continue to lay there, quietly. I close my eyes shut. "......tell me more please…" I softly said, barely above a whisper. He just chuckles.

"On what your mother, father, or your powers?" 

I groan, not wanting to talk. 

"Alright, then… I'll t- yo- mor- about -y…" 

 His voice began to slowly fade away. 'No, I don't want this to end.' The warm feeling faded as well. It was all disappearing. Tears were on the verge of falling. 'Please, just a few more minutes.' 

My eyes fluttered open. I was laying in a soft bed. I didn't want to move, but my parched throat forced me out. I got out of bed and stretched. 

I looked down at my clothes. I was in a white loose robes that reached down to my knees. Which closely resembles to a casual yukata.

'That means, somebody changed me.' 

My face turned red at the thought. 'Somebody undressed me…' My mind went off the rails. It quickly went to a very wrong place. 'Get a hold of yourself, obviously, it wasn't Lloyd. It was probably Nya or Misako.' 

I let out a shaky breath and left the room.

I wander the monastery, trying to find the kitchen. I wave at the monks who were passing by. They just jump and scurried off somewhere. 'Must be shy people.' 

A couple of minutes passed until I found the kitchen. I ransack the fridge, getting what was good. 'They wouldn't mind if I just grabbed a few things, right?' I look down at the food that was in my arms. 'Eh, who cares, I'll just apologize later.' 

Place down the ingredients to make a delicious sandwich. I turn on the stove and lay the pan above the low fire. Placing the bread onto the pan. The bread slowly turn to a golden brown. I took out the nicely toasted bread and placed the ham to cook. The satisfying sizzling made it to my ears. I smell the delicious smoke of cooked ham. I flip the ham to the other side and place the cheese. 

The cheese began to slowly melt. I went back to the toast and put mayo on it. After that, I place the cooked ham with melted cheese. I turn off the stove, setting the sandwich onto the counter.

I grab out a bottle of f/d out of the fridge. "The only thing left is to enjoy this sandwich." I said taking a bite out of it. I hum in pure euphoria. 'When was the last time I ate something this good?'  I let out a sigh and shove the rest down my mouth. It was as if I didn't eat for days. I chug down my drink as my dried-cracked up lips screams in joy. 

"That was sooooo refreshing." I went pack to the fridge to see what else to snack on. I pull out a pudding cup that have Jay's name on it. "He'll be pretty pissed off if someone ate his pudding cup… it's chocolate… glad that someone wasn't me." I said, grabbing a spoon.