chapter four

"Oi, calm down..."

He wiped the tears that pooled from her eyes, they sat together, same park bench as usual. It had been over half an hour since she had her heart crushed into a million tiny pieces.

"I can't, Katsuki...I really loved him".

He clicked his tongue.

"You can do better than that nerd anyway, dumbass." He said, flicking the girl on her forehead.

She pouted and flicked him right back.

"You little-" He was about to shout, but got interrupted by the sounds of her laughing. It was sweet and happy.

He caught himself smiling and looked the other way.

"You know what we should do?" She asked, to which he grunted.

"Get some ice cream!" She said.

"No-"

She grabbed him by the arm before he could resist, and started to dash down the streets. Little pieces of fluff started to fall from her hair.

It was her quirk, Fluff. She could grow immense amounts of a cotton-like substance from her hair, or her hands.

"You're shedding again." Katsuki said in a monotone voice.

"Don't call it that! It makes it sound gross.." Y/N responded, he smirked.

When they arrived at their final destination, he was very close to just dashing off.

"An ice cream shop? I don't want to eat at this girly-" He started to shout before he got pulled into the parlor.

The striped wallpaper and the bright colors of the room quickly enhanced her mood.

The woman at the front smiled and waved to Y/N, she was a regular.

"I already ordered mine, what do you want?" She asked Katsuki.

"It doesn't matter."

Y/N ordered a vanilla cone for him, and after they got their sweets she sat them down in one of the booths.

"Can I ask you something?" She said.

"What?"

"Um, well. Why is it that you're kinda mean to um...Izuku?" She said, stumbling over her words.

Katsuki clicked his tongue

"Back to him again? I don't want to talk about that damn nerd all day, just leave it be." He said.

Y/N opened her mouth to speak, but changed her mind and got back to eating her (favorite flavor) ice cream/gelato.

"It's just that, I never understood why, I mean, we were all one big group of friends. But it was always a little tense between the two of you, so-" She said before stopping.

Katsuki's dark glare was pointing to her. She gulped.

"Just drop it." He said.

She nodded hurriedly and kept eating. They sat in silence before Y/N started to pick things up again. And in just 20 minutes, the two were endlessly chatting and laughing, talking about who knows what.

While Y/N was giggling at something Katsuki said, he stopped talking. It made her lift a brow.

Katsuki reached his hand, and used his thumb to wipe away some ice cream from her face. All while maintaining eye contact.

Y/N couldn't help but blush as he licked the cream off of his thumb.

"U-um- So, what were we talking about?" She asked, voce quivering, pushing a strand of her (hair length, hair color) hair behind her now warm ears.

"It doesn't matter. I need go anyways." He said, getting up and grabbing his bag.

Y/N frowned, she looked outside the window, the sun was setting. The day had passed before her very eyes and she hardly realized.

And she had almost forgotten about Izuku.

She got up and jogged to catch up to Katsuki, who almost left without her. They walked side by side on their way home.

"You don't have to walk me home.." She said.

"I'm not, we just live in the same neighborhood, that's all." He said.

She giggled at his denial.

She felt herself walking slower when they got near her house. Not wanting this day to end.

"Well, here we are. Um, Katsuki. Thank you for this." She said, looking into his eyes while her eyes creased.

He lifted a brow.

"What? I told you I didn't walk you home, it's the same direction as my-" He said, but she started to laugh and shush him.

He immediately shut up.

"No, I meant for talking with me, and getting my mind off of things. I really do feel better." She said, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear.

His heart started to beat in a rapid pace. He even swore that she could hear it. The setting sky, her sparkling eyes. he took a step closer to her. His eyes traced to her soft lips.

"Katsuki?"

His eyes went wide, and he took a step back.

"Tch, it would've been annoying if you were all sad for weeks at end, so I was just shutting you up." He said.

Y/N rolled her eyes playfully, and mumbled something under her breath. She wrapped her arms around the explosive boy, and rested her head on his chest for a few tender seconds.

"Get off-"

He was taken by surprise, and furrowed his brows in dismay. But in the end, he put an arm around her waist. The feeling of the steady heart beating inside his strong chest, his slightly fumbling hands. She smiled.

"Now let go of me. Stop being so sappy, it's gross." He said.

She stuck her tongue out at him while letting go of his toned body. She felt a missing warmth from her body but dismissed the feeling.

"See you tomorrow, Katsuki." She said, waving at him.

He nodded his head and walked away, hands in his pockets.

~~~