chapter five

"Y/N? What's wrong? You've been ignoring me all day.." Izuku said to the blushing girl.

She was looking in every direction but him, she couldn't bare to face him. She even begged her mother that morning to not go to school, but nothing she did stopped their interaction. It was inevitable, they eventually had to speak.

"I-it's nothing Izuku, please don't worry about it" She said, biting her lip out of nervousness.

He pouted, and it sunk her heart to her stomach when he walked away, head down.

But for the life of her, she refused to face the embarrassment and just be honest with the boy.

"You two, shut it. Class is starting." Aizawa said.

Y/N flinched and meekly nodded her head.

During class, whenever her mind wandered, she couldn't help but stare at the blonde sitting a few seats ahead of her. The way he would play with his pen whenever his finished early, which was quite often. Or how he was quick to raise his hand when the teacher asked a question.

She stared out of admiration, that's what she told herself at least.

"Y/N? What's wrong? You've been kind of out of it all day" Ochaco asked.

"Huh? Oh it's nothing..." She responded.

It was even harder to face Ochaco. All the night before, not only did her mind wander to Katsuki, but Ochaco was on her thoughts as well. She didn't know what exactly to do, keep her as a friend or drop her completely?

Doing something like that to a friend was simply cruel in Y/N's mind, but even Ochaco couldn't help how she felt.

She tried imagining herself in the other girls place.

But even then it was a hard choice to make.

"Well, if you want to tell me anything just know that you can, we're friends, aren't we?" Ochaco tilted her head cutely as she spoke.

Y/N had to muster up a fake smile, the corner of her lip twitching, she was unsure how Ochaco didn't find out, as it was more fake than a plastic doll.

She waved the girl off and sighed when she left.

Her frenzy of thoughts broke when Katsuki sat in front of her, spinning the desk around to face her.

"I'm surprised you can deal with the bitch" He said, plopping his bag of food down on the table.

"Katsuki! That's so rude!" Y/N scolded, shushing him.

Katsuki lifted a brow at her while opening up his lunch.

"So? If I were you I would've knocked the bitch out already, Fuyuko would do the same damn thing" He said, chomping down his Onigiri.

Y/N shook her head, taking out her lunch as well.

"Well I'm not you, and I'm not Fuyuko either. That's just not how I choose to confront things" She said.

Katsuki lifted a brow at her sudden pout. He rested his head on his hand. It was awkwardly quiet for a few moments, neither knew what to say.

"Um, a-anyway. Do you want to come over after school today? I was hoping you could help me train a bit and hopefully we get some free time afterwards" She asked.

He glanced up at her then went back to eating his food.

"Sure, just know I won't go easy on you" He said while smirking.

"I know" She replied, smiling at him.

After school, they walked home together. Both of them went home to change into more comfortable clothes, they then met up at a local gym.