chapter fourteen

"What do you want from me?"

The person in the mask put their hands behind their back, tilting their head innocently.

"Why me? A-and who are you? What do you have against me? Am I just the innocent person you feel like preying on?" She asked question after question to get no answer.

Y/n furrowed her brows, getting more frustrated as the minutes, hours, days passed by. The scorching temperature of the room didn't help, it added to her anger and uncomfort.

She had no choice but to bombard then with questions. Not just to learn about them, but to keep them there. Being alone in a dark, unknown room, with no sound but cries slipping from her mouth was like torture. Not knowing if she'd make it out alive, if she'd ever escape or be rescued at all. It was terrifying.

The stranger got up close to her, making her flinch and back away for a second. "Aww, are you scared?" They asked, taunting her.

She was trembling, that was an obvious, even if she put up a brave face you could see right through her. She was completely terrified.

"That's cute" They sneered.

They grabbed a handful of her hair, yanking her head. "You wanted to know, why you? Its nothing grand or extravagant, you just...piss me off I guess? Living your day to day life without giving a damn on how you effect others. You're so naive, you know? Would it hurt to pay attention to someone else for once?"

She tried looking away, she didn't want them to know that their words hurt. They struck right through her like it was nothing.

"That's..not true" She mumbled, staring at the ground.

They yanked her head again, forcing her to look at them.

"Oh but it is..and you know it"

She blinked, fighting back tears and swallowing the lump in her throat.

She was trapped, like a fly stuck in a spiders web, no signs of help that she was desperately waiting for. Her body grew weak as she slipped into a state of half way unconsciousness.

Katsuki sat in the sandbox in front of her. They had been forming castles for hours by now. Their mothers carelessly chatting away.

She felt him staring at her, so she looked up. His red eyes looking into her soul.

"W-what? Why are you staring..?"

He leaned over and touched her eye with his chubby fingers. She let him feel it, confused but not upset.

"Why is your eye purple? Did you hurt yourself or something?"

She nodded her head, "Some girls were being mean to me when you weren't at school. They said that I'm always sticking to you.." She spoke quietly in shame.

"That's stupid. There's nothing wrong with you...staying with me" He paused in the middle of his sentence out of embarrassment, his little face heating up red.

He reached out a hand to her, she grabbed it and stood up.

"Even if you're not as strong as me, I'll protect you forever okay? I promise"

She felt her face heat up as she played with her small fingers.

"You don't have to..."

"No! I will! But you have to promise too, that you won't leave me, okay?" He shouted, losing confidence as the words came from his mouth, barely in a whisper at the end.

She lifted an eyebrow, he suddenly dig in his pocket, looking for something.

He pulled out a plastic ring shaped as a cloud. He shoved it into her hand, and looked away.

She slowly started to giggle, which turned into laughter.

"Why are you laughing?!" He was bright red now.

"You're so silly, Katsuki! But okay, I promise!" She smiled, and slipped the simple plastic on her ring finger, she showed him.

"I'll never leave you, okay?"

The sudden forgotten memory made her feel nostalgic. She wasn't sure why she thought of it, now of all times, but it gave her encouragement. She smiled thinking of it, and how dear it was to her.

"You know, I made a promise to someone. That I would never leave him. And I'll be damned if I don't keep that promise" She said, looking down.

She looked up, squinted her eyes at them, at spat in their face.

"So go fuck yourself"

They were shocked, even with their face covered anyone would be able to tell.

Y/n was proud for sticking up for herself, the sudden confidence was rare for her, but she could work with that. She put on a smirk, showing that she no longer cared about what they said.

"You bitch!!" They shouted, swinging at her.

The punch caught her off guard, she almost gagged as their fist hit her stomach.

One punch led to another, and another and another.

The relentless attacks were painful, to put it in simpler terms
But, through it all she still kept a strong face, she stayed determined. Because she had to keep going, if not for herself, but for him.

Her eyelids began to get heavy.

"Stay awake, don't black out. Don't give in" She repeated in her mind.

Stars invaded her vision, she dizziness overpowering her will.

But just before she closed her eyes, she heard something that made her heart leap.

"Y/N!!" A booming voice shouted.

~~~

idk why but i got kinda sad writing the flashback- i was listening to selena so maybe that was why 😔

n e way i always go on such long hiatuses because im so scared to venture out of just pure fluff, since that's what a lot of ppl want, but im continuing with the original script, so thank you if youre still reading and if u enjoy this story <3