Intro

SKYLAR

They all stared at me, like I was just some experiment. Waiting to see what happens if they just push the right buttons. I kept my arms wrapped around my legs, staring into their eyes as they wrote in their stupid notebooks.

Kill them, Skylar. It's what you were meant to do...

I can't do that, it's not right.

You can, and you will. Look at how they're staring at you, Sky. They care about what you can do, so show them.

I slowly rose to my feet and looked at each of them one by one. Looking to the one on the left, I balled my hand into a fist and let out an ear piercing scream, shattering the glass that kept us separated.

They pulled out their guns and swiped my hand to the right, causing the guns to slip out their grip, sliding onto the floor.

I jumped through the now open space, tackling the man in the middle before snapping his neck. A low growl rumbled in my throat as I felt my claws start to extract. The man on the right ran for me but missed when I hopped I out of the way.

I slammed his head against the wall then used him as a shield as I took his gun that was hidden in his pocket and shot the rest that were in my way. Dropping his body, I made a run for it. A door behind me slammed open, followed by a group of men coming my way.

"Don't let her get away!" I ran through the prison they kept me encaged in for over 5 years, desperate to find an exit. When two pairs of large built men cornered me at every angle, I knew it was to late.

I stood in the middle of them, a menacing smirk growing on my face as I closed my eyes. Once they opened up again, I watched as the blood oozed from their eyes, ears, and their nose. As they fell to the floor twitching uncontrollably, I groaned in pain at the painful headache that occurred, quick panting leaving my lips.

My head snapped to my right as the footsteps of more of those creeps cane my way. My vision blurred in and out as I ran to the nearest door and slammed it shut. Craning my head to side, the doorknob flew off and large pieces of wood took its place, keeping it barricaded.

The smell of fresh air intoxicated my nostrils as my legs moved through the dark woods, hearing nothing but the sound of branches cracking underneath my feet as I ran.

This wasn't my first encounter with escaping out of facilities. It's either other wolves, demons, or scientists like them who poked at me and examined me for my special abilities.

I came to a halt when I heard shallow breathing coming from behind me and the smell of a male filled my nose. A low growl rumbled in my throat as I quickly turned around, catching an arrow that almost landed in my chest. Snapping it in half, I lost the scent along with the sound of his breathing.

Pushing it aside, I kept running for what felt like hours in these woods. I was so weak and I thought I would collapse any moment due to lack of food and dehydration. There was no sign of homes, food, or anything within miles and all it did was piss me off even more.

An ear piercing scream echoed throughout the woods, making be wonder. Then I realized, the screaming was coming from me.

My head pounded violently and my body felt like tiny needles were stabbing at every piece of flesh it could fine. Trying to walk became excessively painful and I knew I could no longer move. My bones felt as if they were shifting, and it became difficult to stop them from doing so.

I fell to the ground, finding it hard to breathe while short gasps escaped my lips. Tears fell down my cheeks as another blood curdling scream left my lips as the pain intensified.

The last time I felt this type of pain was when I was first captured years ago. Instead, the pain is worse this time than the last.

You know what's happening, Skylar... Let. It. Happen.

No! You can't do this to me!

You can't keep me in here, forever, Skylar!

That voice... I thought I'd never hear it again, but it's back. The voice that tormented me for years at a time, has come back to rekindle it's pain it brought me.

My cries slowly started to cease, along with the terrible pain. I couldn't move and my eyelids felt heavy and drowsiness overwhelmed me.

Sleep