17

Last nights events were still messing with my head. No matter how many times Lukas or Daniella told me it wasn't my fault, I still believe it is. No, I didn't physically kill him but I'm the reason Klause sent his stupid little wolf helpers.

I still can't help but wonder why he's doing it. I mean, I know he wants my "gift" but what for? It's not anything special, all it does is cause chaos. All I know is that he's dangerous and way stronger than I am. No telling what he'll do next.

"Stop worrying so much, Skylar," A tired Lukas grumbled from beside me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Sorry... did I wake you?"

"Part of it was your worrying and another part was because I didn't feel you beside me. Are you still stressing over last night?" He asked.

"Y-yeah," I answered, playing with the hem of my shirt.

Lukas sighed before pulling me on top of him, rubbing my hips. Taking one of his hands, he cupped my jaw, turning my head towards him.

"What did I say about stressing about this? You didn't do anything wrong, Skylar."

"Just because you keep saying that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop thinking about what happened, Lukas. This whole thing is my fault."

I got off of his lap and sat on the edge of the bed, picking with my nails. I heard him sigh beside me before he wrapped his arms around me, kissing my cheek.

"You know that isn't true. You didn't have any part in them coming here. Yes, they're trying to take you away but you didn't tell them to come here. You didn't even know who this guy was to begin with. You can't blame yourself for something you can't control. Now, I don't care what that big brain of yours says... this isn't your fault."

After saying that, he kissed me softly then kissed the tip of my nose. I gave him a shy smile before pecking his lips.

"I won't stress over this anymore, I promise," I said.

"Good girl." Lukas kissed my cheek before giving me a smile.

God, him and these little phrases of his. He keeps doing that we'll end up fucking sooner than he thinks. I felt heat creep on my cheeks when my very blunt wolf started talking.

Do you ever keep quiet? I said back.

You should know the answer to that, Skylar. When am I ever quiet? Besides, you know it's true: you want him to fuck your brains out as much I want him too.

Oh my God, shut up!

Okay, okay. I'll leave you alone now.

"I forgot to mention, I have a meeting to go to. About the Klause situations."

I whined, wrapping my arms around him. "No, you're always leaving me."

He chuckled. "I'm sorry kitten. But you know I can't skip a meeting, especially since I'm alpha."

"I know, I know. When do you have to go?"

"An hour from now. So, let's go get some food in that stomach, alright?"

I nodded with a smile before he threw me over his shoulder, strolling out of the room and downstairs. Daniella looked up at us with a smile before chuckling at the position I was in.

"Lukas, put her down. All of her ass cheeks are out," she said making me blush with embarrassment.

"No one told her to wear those small ass shorts."

"And no one told you to carry me around, you giant," I snapped back.

His hand made contact with my butt, earning a squeal from me. Lukas set me down before grabbing my jaw, making me look up at him.