19

SKYLAR

It's been a few days since the "incident" with James. From what Daniella told me, I won't be seeing James in a while since Lukas has him locked up in the cellars. I've been pacing in my room for the past five minutes waiting for Dani to come in here so I can tell her what's been going through my head.

I don't know what love is. I've never felt it or experienced it. No one has shown me what it was but this feeling I have when Lukas does the smallest actions has got to be something close to that. I mean, it's a possibility right?

"Hey, Sky. You needed to talk to me?" Daniella asked me, walking inside the room.

"Yeah, uh.... I have a situation," I said, looking at her.

"Stop pacing so much, you're making my brain spin. Now, tell me what's going on? Are you horny?"

"What? N-no! Nothing like that," I stammered. "Dani... you love Rick don't you?"

"Hell yeah, I do. Why you ask?"

"H-how do you know if you're in love with someone o-or just love someone in general?" I asked, looking at her again.

"Well... for starters, you can't get them out of your head. When you think of them you feel this sort of rush or even a high, you know? Your heart races from the smallest actions or even the words with littlest meaning. Just watching them walk into the room makes a smile spread across your face and it doesn't leave until they do. For me, that's what it feels like, Skylar. Just a huge rush."

Once she finished, my pacing came to a halt and I was honestly lost for words. No wonder her and Rick are practically glued to the hip, they're... in love. I mean, they know how that feels.

"Is it a good feeling?" I asked, playing with the end of my shirt.

"It's a great feeling actually," she said. "What made you ask me that?"

I looked up at her biting my lip. "I-I think I love Lukas. Not just a simple thing you know? I-It's a heart pounding feeling a-and I can't get Lukas out of head, Dani. It's hard to explain since I've never felt this before but I... feel it."

Daniella looked at me with slightly wide eyes, her mouth opening and closing as if she was figuring out what to say.

"Can you please tell me that I'm not crazy instead of staring at me like I'm a lunatic?"

"Skylar, y-you're in love with Lukas. When did you start feeling like this?"

"I don't know, it just hit me. I didn't actually admit it to myself until the night of the incident with James. Dani, I don't know what to do."

"You obviously have to tell the man," she said.

I instantly shook my head. "No, I-I can't. I mean, what if he doesn't feel the same way? Maybe it's too soon a-and I don't want to scare him off—"

"Skylar! Do you even hear yourself? Do you not see how much Lukas cares and cherishes you? I can see the love in his eyes, Sky. Don't forget, this is coming from his sister... I know when he loves someone."

That kind of calmed me but my heart continued to pound tremendously. I mean, he shows me all the time that he cared and he'd protect me but what if it isn't love?