28

LUKAS POV

"Wait, wait, wait. You're telling me her mom just randomly contacted her out of the blue? Now, I'm not the smartest person in this pack, but I do know bullshit when I see it," Daniella said, sitting in my chair.

"This does seem a little odd. What does Skylar think about all of this?"

"She was happy. Like really happy," I started, pulling Daniella out of my chair then sitting down. "Skylar wants to go see her."

"Uh-uh. No way," Dani said, shaking her head.

"You don't think she should?" I asked her.

"Hell no! Come on, use that big ass brain of yours, Lukas. Why would she just randomly reach out to her daughter and why was she so quick to deny her daughter coming to see her? I don't trust this woman at all."

"But what if she was telling the truth? You gotta remember, she's been in hiding for years. I'm pretty sure Klause is after her as well," I told her.

"Has she contacted Skylar since yesterday?" Rick asked.

"Not that I know of. I don't know what to do, she really wants to see her mother," I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Can't you find something about her mother? Any lost files or any type of information," Rick asked me, crossing his arms.

"I could try but it would take a while."

"Well, Skylar isn't seeing her mother until we get those damn files," Dani said. "She's just gonna have to be patient."

"She isn't gonna like this," I told her, standing up.

"What she won't know won't hurt her," Dani said, sighing.

"Yeah, well she already knows."

We turned towards the door and Skylar was standing in the doorway. She didn't look mad nor sad just... blank faced. When we locked eyes she shook her head and walked away.

"Skylar, wait," I called out, following her.

Once she made it to the room, I grabbed her shoulder and turned her around.

"Don't touch me," she muttered, pushing my hand. "What makes you think that you can decide what happens between me and my mother?"

"I'm doing this to keep you safe, Skylar. No telling who's got her locked up and making her say what they want her to say."

"But why make this decision without me? You three are just sitting in your office plotting, when I should be in that damn room with y'all," she said, blowing out a breath.

"I know, okay?"

"Do you really? It seems like you've been making all of the decisions by yourself with no problem."

"Damn it, Skylar. Can't you see I'm not doing this for myself? We all care you about you and you need to fucking understand that!"

"Yeah? Well, how is it fair that you are making all of the choices? Just because you're Alpha doesn't me you control me!"