32. cookies boy

Chapter 32 — cookies boy

Josh thought he was the one who's going to be there early, but it seems like Elliot beats him to it. The blond spots a pale yellow jeep parked in front of the bridge and instantly he knows that the bridge boy is already there. He checks his wrist watch; there's still time. It seems like both of the boys are looking forward to start their evening already.

A smile blooms on Josh's lips before he's even seen the brunet and he tries to hold it back but there's just no stopping it. He's happy. Truly.

He tries to be as quiet as possible, his steps careful, wanting to give Elliot a small fright but his plan fails as somehow the latter turns around before he can even reach him with an equally wide smile on his face. Josh doesn't feel wary of his own smile anymore.

Josh stops in his tracks, just a few steps before and raises a hand awkwardly, waving it, "Hi,"

Elliot as if solely to tease him, slowly traces his eyes down Josh's full frame and then back up again, his green eyes glinting very much mischievously as they finally with Josh's meek blue ones. Josh cannot meet his gaze, blushing deeply.

"Hi yourself," he replies, part of his lips quirked, and then a few seconds later, he adds, "You look good,"

Josh knows that Elliot said it purposefully; he knows how much it is going to embarrass him. He knows that Josh cannot take a compliment like a normal person but still he has to tease him — Josh has come to learn that as of late Elliot especially rejoices in teasing him and he's not quite sure how he feels about it yet (okay, he's lying, he kinda, maybe, perhaps likes it).

Groaning softly, and covering his face with both of his hands, he turns away, "Noooo," he elongates the word, "Don't, please,"

He's already got enough butterflies swarming in his stomach, more than enough to make him almost feel queasy. He doesn't know if he can take any more teasing from the curly-haired boy.

He hears footsteps around him, and then feels two very warm hands hold his, pulling them away from his face, He relents, the little contact somehow being both calming and somehow nerve-wracking at the same time. He looks up at Elliot who's still smiling but this time not as much teasing in them.

"Hey," he murmurs and only then Josh is aware how close they are standing to each other.

His whole body flushes at that, and the blond immediately takes a couple of steps back, freeing his hands and rubbing his wrists awkwardly. That's when he also allows himself to properly look at Elliot. He's cleaned up too. He's wearing a loose-fit white shirt, the long sleeves rolled up till his forearms, along with black skinny legs, paired with black boots. His hair is parted in the middle and his curls magically seem to stay in place instead of bouncing around wildly as usual.

By the time he meets Elliot's eyes again, the latter has found that he was looking at him and is smirking and there's no use in denying it really, so even though he's blushing and his whole face is a bright red by then, he rolls his eyes, feigning nonchalance.

"You look good too," Josh somehow manages to mumble the words out and although he could have delivered it in a cockier manner, it still manages to exert it's expected implication — Josh can see the colour change in Elliot's cheeks and he has to clear his throat before he can reply.

"Thank you. It was my intention,"

"Good to know,"

Both of them let out a small laugh, very obviously with nerves. Josh starts to say something but Elliot interrupts him, raising a finger and jogging back to where he was standing earlier and picking something up from the ground.