33.1. boyfriend boy

Chapter 33 (Pt I) — boyfriend boy

"So, where are we going?" Josh asks Elliot not for the first time ever since he has gotten in the car.

The brunet has refused to tell him anything before but now since they are technically on their date, Josh is hoping he'll give up his 'surprise' but tough luck for him, it seems. Elliot shakes his head, smiling, "It's still a surprise,"

"What if I told you that I don't like surprises?"

"I can tell that you're lying,"

The blond scoffs, "I am not,"

"You just pulled your earlobe; it's your tell,"

"It's not," but even as Josh as says that his hand automatically reaches for his ear and he has to stop himself, blushing lightly, and rolls his eyes, "Okay, fine. But this is not fun. Just tell me where we're going. I don't even think I've gone in this direction before,"

In reply, Elliot says something in a language that Josh can't quite comprehend. He learnt a few weeks back that Elliot is half-Italian and is quite fluent in the language as well, and as if to show off, he will speak in Italian to him although he cannot understand a single word.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, he retorts, "No hablo Italiano,"

Josh took Spanish classes for his freshman and sophomore year in high school, so that's the only foreign language he somewhat knows and so he uses it now.

The curly-haired boy laughs, shaking his head a little, "That's Spanish,"

"I know that. It's the only foreign language I know how to speak. A little,"

"Oh, bien entonces,"

Josh looks at the boy in disbelief, "You cannot know Spanish too,"

Another laugh, "I know a little. Picked it up from one of my friends,"

The blond shakes his head, "Is there anything that you don't know or can't do?"

"There's a lot of things I don't know," there's a slight change of tone in his voice as he says that and Josh can easily guess there's something he's not saying aloud right then.

Not wanting to dampen the mood of their date, he quickly changes the topic and goes back to his initial question, deciding to be a little brat if only to be a little brat and bring the smile back on the curly-haired boy's face, "So, you still haven't told me where we're going?"

As expected, the smile returns and Josh is very much relieved, "Patience, golden boy. Patience,"

⋘⋙

Fortunately, they reach wherever it is they're supposed to go in about to go because Josh's patience was already starting to wear thin. The blond used to think that he was the most patient guy but apparently not.

He peers out of the car window curiously as Elliot rolls the car to a stop in front of a rather mysterious looking hedge building, strung with golden lights. It looks sort of nice but still Josh is skeptical. Beside it, there's a neon board with the word 'Gardenia' written on it, but it doesn't specify what the place is supposed to be or anything.

Josh looks at Elliot quizzically but he only shoots him a smile before getting out of the car. He follows him as well, getting out and closing the door.

He hears Elliot sigh before him, "I was going to open the door for you,"

"Oh," he blushes and then, "I can get back in for you, if you want,"

The curly-haired boy lets out a chuckle, shaking his head, but Josh isn't joking. He will get back in the car if the former honestly wants him to. But instead, he grabs his hand, and tugs a little, "Ready to go?"