Chapter 8

Hayat's POV

"I'm home!" I yelled, dumping my school bag into the couch.

"Guess Whose also home!" Emara yelled back, excitement laced in her voice. Elijah came out of the kitchen with her. I gave him a dead look but there was something in his eyes that was pleading me not to tell Emara. Me being the best partner in crime, I acted as if I was really excited to see him.

"Yay!" I screamed from the top of my lungs. "I saw him in school so I've had my greetings and heard all the stories about the foreign country, where was it again that you went?" It was really hard to keep up with this act because I was too pissed at him. Elijah looked so ill as well for some reason but whatever, he deserves it.

"Turkey, amazing place it was, the way people dressed was so similar to us, but their traditional clothes were really different," he then let out multiple coughs which then my sister made him sit down on the couch. A poof of dust flew out of it and I couldn't help but let out a sigh. We desperately needed a new couch.

"He's told me so much about it that I wish we had enough money to go as well but one day we will. Just save as much money as we can and we will be out of here," Emara gushed.

"A little water please," Elijah's voice was so raspy but why was he so ill? It was only autumn right now. He seemed to notice the confused look on my face. "In Turkey, it was normally really hot so my body isn't really used to this," I nodded, everything making sense now. "I need you to do me a favour, Hay."

"Just because I acted for you doesn't mean we are back on good terms, Alright?!" I whisper-yelled at him so that Emara didn't hear. I turned around to go upstairs into my room but something that Elijah said, stopped me and I hated that it always effects me.

"It's about our Family respect," I stopped from going any further and turned back around to face him.

"What?"

"I borrowed money from Damien and I need you to go back-" I stopped him, knowing exactly where this was going and I wanted no part of it.

"Oh no, none of go to his house and give him the money back, I would return dead!" I reached up and rubbed my temples. I was getting a headache from all of this.

"Honestly, it's just a quick trip, make sure to give it to him and no one else; please. For our family respect because I told him I would give it back to him today but it's too cold for me outside," he explained. There it is, the family respect blackmail. I couldn't say no because the respect was a big thing to me but I couldn't exactly yes because I didn't exactly have a death wish. Never did I think that I would have to step into the mansion I dream about burning down with the family inside. I sighed, taking the money from him. "Oh and this note, don't read it, it's none of your business- plus it won't make any sense to you anyways," he warned. I made a face at him as I snatched it from his hand.

"You owe me one," I sneered at him.

"Yes I do," he replied.

~~~~~~~~

I stood in front of the large gates. A whole load of bodyguard standing there. The word massive was an understatement. I was super nervous, what if I don't make it out alive? What if I come across Mr Black? I will surely not be able to control myself and just attack him but that would just backfire on me. I let out out a deep breath before heading towards the big gates. The bodyguards had been staring at me for a while because I was standing in front of the mansion for a good five minutes.