"Holiday Thoughts"

A/N: i suggest listening to the song above.... It just adds this feeling while reading this chapter or maybe it's just me lol.. Also the italicized bold words are flashbacks whereas the words that are JUST on italics are the lyrics of the song. Idk if u got that but oya oya oya....

Your pov

Oh the weather outside is frightful.
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

The Christmas song covered by Daniela Andrade echoed in the perimeters of our home. Jack sat beside me sipping his black coffee, his eyes filled with love and adoration as he looked up at me.

"What?" i giggled softly, taking a quick peek at him before i continued decorating the huge Christmas tree that was placed beside our fireplace, a huge smile displayed on my lips.

"Oh nothing, you're just so beautiful" he blurted out randomly making a blush creep on my face and a certain memory play in my head.

"Jack, y/n, Spirits aren't allowed to be together. That rule is made for a purpose" North's said, his voice filled with worry amd sadness "You know I tried to—"

"We know"

"Stop it you're making me blush" I chuckled before i slowly yet carefully descended down the mini stairs. A small squeal left my lips as Jack swiftly slipped an arm under my thighs and one arm on the back of my neck and carried me gently.

His soft chuckles filled my ears making me sigh contently. I am in love with the man who is carrying me right now. My husbund. My other half. My guardian. So much that i can't bear to lose him. He looked at me with his bright ocean eyes that seems to make me suffocate.

It doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've brought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

"Mommy, is Santa here yet?" Jesse, our 6 year old daughter quietly asked. Her brown hair sticking everywhere as she rubbed her sleepy eyes. Her bunny stuffed animal rest in her tiny arms while she yawned.

"No honey" I said tapping my husband, signaling him to put me down. "What are you doing up so late?" I gently pulled Jesse off her feet and carried her in my arms. Jack stood behind as he embraced us with his hug.

"I wanted to see Santa Claus" she murmured. Her blue eyes blinking slowly as if trying her best not to sleep.

"Please North. We want to do this. We wanna live a normal life"

"All actions have consequences my dear child" North said

"You can't just give up being a guardian and your powers just to become a living flesh" Tooth said while hugging me tightly. Silently begging for us not to go. Her lips quivered as she sobbed in my neck.
"Please...."

"Mate, are you sure about this? This can make or break your life. You will not have an immortal life lad. You will die like a crickety human. And by then, you wouldn't be given a chance to become a guardian again, or even to reincarnate"

"Don't worry about me you Kangaroo" Jack smiled sadly. He knew the consequences of us turning into humans are great. We wouldn't get to see the guardians ever again, we would lose all our abilities and our lives would shorten like that of a human lifespan.

"Jeez. Even when saying goodbyes you still call me that? Tell you what mate, I'll never forget how bad of a guardian you are. I would never miss you. Ever" Bunny said, obviously trying to hold back his tears.

"Likewise" Jack said smirking yet the sadness in his eyes are visible.

"Now sleep child. The full moon is almost here. Don't worry, by the time you wake up. Everything will be fine" North said "HO HO HO Merry Christmas Jack and y/n"

"We love you guys. Take care of your teeth"

"I totally and absolutely hate both of you"

I felt Jack's warm hands slip under mine before everything went black.

"Hey Jack" i said in a hushed tone as i don't want to wake up the sleeping child beside me. Jesse laid down his head on my lap, hugging his stuffed animal while Jack sat beside me, his arm rested on my shoulder. "What do you think would happen if we never became humans?"

When we finally kissed goodnight
How i hate going out in the storm
But if you really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm

"Hmmm" Jack said, his other hand caressing his chin as if he was thinking "Well, we wouldn't have had Jesse, we wouldn't have been sitting here in front of the fireplace hand in hand as the Christmas lights illuminated our faces and that annoying Christmas song dedicated to North wouldn't be playing on the background ,aaaannnd i wouldn't have had an amazing wife whom i could kiss and have sex every time i want" he said confidently raising his fingers as if he'd just made one of the greatest speech in the history earning a smack from me.

This man is the biggest pervert and probably the horniest dude in the world.

"You pervert" i said while he just chuckled "Do you think they're watching us right now?" i wondered as i poked his cheek lightly.

"Meh, i wouldn't be surprised if they were. They're guardians after all" he said nonchalantly

The fire is slowly dying
And my dear we're still goodbye-ing
As long as you love me so
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

We sat there in silence, listening to each others heartbeats. The fire crackling in front of us, as the faint sound of the Christmas song still playing on the background. Jesse groaned and shifted slightly before she went still. The sound of her snoring can be heard.

I've never truly imagined myself giving up a perfect life as a guardian before, until i met a certain winter guardian. Surely having some telepathic powers, being immortal and making people happy is far more important than a boy right? I should've said sike a long time ago. I never even imagined falling in love with another spirit would have a great consequence. Keeping my feelings a secret wasn't even a choice. But now, I'm kinda glad that i did. Happiness isn't even a word to describe what I've been feeling. No. It's more than that.

Jack yawned beside me, making me snap back to reality.

"You know. Now that I've thought about it. What if they were watching over us when we were making Jesse? Jeez that would've been some real ass por-"

"JACK WHAT THE HELL??!!" i whisper-yelled before punching him. Hard. My cheeks tainting red as i recalled the memory.

Leave it to Jack to ruin a totally romantic moment.

Author's note: It's June and we're facing some major international problems right now but i kept thinking of Christmas. I mean.... I love Christmas hence the reason why i updated.