Logging In

"TARGET FEMALE INACCESSIBLE."

A neuron, a brain to latch on to. And that's what he did. Floating along his blood stream of his first host. It was a thrilling sensation. And as  soon as he'd seen his opportunity he pounced latching onto his cranium with reckless abandon and surveying the situation in front of him.

A mall. He was programmed with the knowledge to know what that was. His host and his attention fixated on a teenage girl. And with a quick dip into his nervous system is was a love interest. But the SQUIP was also an expert at reading people. And scanning over this female he could tell the attraction was entirely one sided. Well he could surely fix that. It was time to begin.

"Calibration in progress please excuse some mild discomfort."

His mind space shook as his host screamed and he struggled to ignore it focusing ahead on his task of accessing the information and abilities he needed. When he found what he needed he paused ready to connect.

"Discomfort level may increase." His host was thrashing now. The SQUIP however was overcome with a tsunami of information.

Jeremy Heere. A 17 year old junior in highschool. Jewish. Brown hair blue eyes. Tall and lanky. A loser by societies standards. A best friend and a father. Memories of past events sped past him to fast to grasp at but they would all come to rest in the same place anyway.

"Accessing nuero memory. Accessing muscle memory. Access procedure complete."
He was presented with his physical form which he gladly latched on to. And suddenly in a brilliant flash of light he was standing in front of his fearful looking host.

"Jeremy Heere." He made sure to enunciate and speak clearly. "Welcome to your Super Quantum Unit Intel Processor. Your SQUIP."

The teen stared up at him wide eyed and mouth agape. The SQUIP said nothing as he waited for him to collect himself.

Finally he swallowed and found the air to speak.

"You look like Keanu Reeves." He finally said.

The SQUIP cracked a smile. "My default mode. You can also set me for." He snapped his fingers and his appearance changed.

"Sean Connery."

Another snap and his features changed again.

"Jack Nicholson."

And again.

"Sexy anime female." He giggled like a schoolgirl.

Jeremy shook his head. "No Keanu's good." He rose shaking to his feet.

Switching back to his default mode the SQUIP carefully approached his new host. His inner molecular workings were buzzing with all of the new information he had just absorbed. Images of sleepovers, bombed tests, a bar mitzvah, a best friend, bullies and more was now logged into his brain. Everything that Jeremy Heere had ever experienced was inside his database. And now everything that Jeremy did would also be added.

"I can't believe it actually worked." Jeremy murmured in disbelief rising to his feet. "You're..... you're real."

"Affirmative."

"Wow."

"Wow indeed now. It says here in your data that you want to be more chill."

"You mean cool?" Jeremy clarified.

"I do not." The SQUIP shook his head.   You see the human brain is a very complex thing. It has certain wants and desires and it can exactly pinpoint want it wants and can differentiate between things that are seemingly identical. Chill and cool are two almost identical things but your brain has made the contrasts for them."

Jeremy stared mouth agape as the SQUIP finished.

"Your brain has chosen chill over cool."

"So your going to help me be more......chill?"

The SQUIP nodded. "That is the goal Jeremy"

"How?"

"Well that's a hard question to answer. I am equipped with state of the art knowledge on all that is considered hip and and cool in today's day and age. I have many paths and ideas for you to try each pertaining to a different situation you may encounter in life."

"Oh uh ok?"

Seeing how Jeremy wasn't exactly comprehending his words the SQUIP tried a different approach. "Think of it this way. I am in your head. You are the only one who can see and communicate with me. And you don't even have to speak you can communicate with me telepathically.''

"Like an X-Man!?" Jeremy squealed with excitement.

The SQUIP sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "I can see this is going to be difficult."

Jeremy hung his head. "Sorry."

"Nevermind Jeremy we can begin right now if you like."

"We can?" He asked.

"Yes. We can. It's very simple. Take your hands out of your pockets...."