Trust Me

The next week the roles for the play had been handed out. A tale of King Arthur and Queen Guinevere told as a comedy. Jeremy had to admit as he watched the cast read through it that it sounded pretty good. Of course, while the actors were in charge of the stuff onstage Jeremy and Michael were busy in their own corner learning the soundboard.

Michael figured it out pretty quickly so Mr. Reyes decided that he would be in charge of lights and sound.

(Just a quick PSA for all you non theater people. DO NOT SAY YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING REGARDING A SOUND BOARD IF YOU DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW. Some people catch on rather easily while other people pretend to be in charge and start pushing buttons. Also, i can't count how many times I was like "Can I help with anything?" And they were like "GeT oUt Of OuR cAsTlE gO bAcK tO tHe StAgE wHeRe YoU bElOnG!" Seriously just let grips do their things)

Jeremy was in charge of props, costuming, and makeup. Typically, the girls knew what they were doing but he had to make sure everything was in its place. Every time they mentioned a cue or a prop Michael and Jeremy had to write it down for further reference.

"Well I will say this Jeremy. This isn't as God awful as I thought it would be." Michael murmured to his friend during a break in the speaking.

"Yeah aren't you glad I thought of it?"

"Sure, take all the credit."

"Oh, shut up you're so touchy"

This earned him a shock and Jeremy winced. Thankfully Michael didn't notice, too engrossed with the wires and knobs spread out in front of him. Jeremy was glad that he was enjoying himself despite the fact that Jeremy had only come here for Christine.

As always, the mention of her name was filed away in one of the SQUIP's databases. It was keeping track of every time they interacted, or when Jeremy thought about her for future reference.

"Jeremy if you ever use this girl as fuel for your sexual exploits."

It didn't finish the threat but Jeremy rolled his eyes. "Jeez what kind of creep do you think I am?"

"Oh, Jake!"

The reading rehearsal was over and Christine was now talking excitedly to Jake Dillinger the boy seated beside her with a wide smile. Jeremy huffed, they were playing Arthur and Guinevere disgustingly which meant there was a ton of flirting. Both on and off stage.

"What are they saying?"

"I'm a super-computer Jeremy. Not a mind reader."

"What should I do?"

"They're flirting. I suggest you integrate yourself into the conversation."

"Just walk over there and interrupt them like a jerk?"

"Well when you put it like that you sound awful."

Against his better judgement Jeremy stands and heads across the room to the laughing couple. His hands immediately become clammy and he has to audibly gulp before he can choke out the words.