Six

"Good morning,"

Caitlin stirs in her sleep, turning to see a smiling Barry. She gives a faint smile. "Morning, what time is it?"

"Don't worry about that. I thought we could have an 'us' day. No work. No connection to the outside world. Just us. You and me, for the whole day."

"Barr-" she sits up, leaning on her elbows for support. Yes, they do need some time to themselves but, they need to go to work too.

"No arguing. I already called the station to tell them I'll be out the whole day and I texted Cisco; he said he will cover for you for the day."

She gives an impressive expression. "Really?" she bites her lip, holding back her excitement.

Barry smiles and leans in to attach his lips to hers. She kisses back, as one hand slides into his hair. As he feels her tongue slid against his lips, he pulls away to look her in the eyes. He bites his lip, holding back the guilt and shame. "Really. I just want to spend the day with you. Showing you how much I love you. Is that okay with you?"

Caitlin nods her head, "It sounds perfect."

They look into each other's eyes for what felt like hours, just admiring the other. Barry let out a deep sigh before breaking contact. "I made breakfast, your favorites."

Her eyes widen in shock, "Barry Allen cooking, in the kitchen?"

He chuckles, "I know, call the reporters! This is breaking news." They laugh together then Barry slips his arms under her to carry her. She squeals in joy as he smiles in delight, keeping her close to his chest. "All aboard the Allen express!"

He sets her down once in the kitchen to show her the bounty of food. She gasps in surprise, "Seriously Barry, I don't need that much food."

"I know, but Cisco told me you barely ate yesterday. So this is in case you are hungrier," Barry smiles and pecks her lips. "Enjoy it, love. Take as much as you like. Oh, and I made coffee."

Caitlin smiles in delight and pecks his lips back, "'You are too good to me Mr. Allen." She grabs a plate and starts putting food on the plate.

With her back to him, he runs his hand through his hair and shakes his head. No, no I'm not Cait. You deserve so much better but, I'm trying to be better for you. He shakes his thoughts away and wraps his arms around her waist needing her touch.

She smiles over her shoulder at her husband. I don't deserve such a kind-hearted man. He does so much for me and I come up so empty-handed. He deserves the world, hopefully, I'll be enough for him. As she looks at the bacon, the smell hits her nose, and her throat clenches as a warm feeling starts to come up. She races to the bathroom barely making it to the toilet.

"CAIT!" Barry flashes to the bathroom after her to be by her side. He rubs her back and holds her hair back until she finishes.

She flushes the toilet and leans back on Barry for comfort. He wraps his arms around her as she buries her head in his chest. "I'm sorry Barry. I... I don't know what came over me,"

"Shhh," he soothes her, placing his chin on her head. "It might just be a bad stomach bug. Could explain why you couldn't eat last night."

She nods in response and wraps her arms around him, inhaling his scent - finding comfort in it.

"This kinda reminds me of our first official date," he chuckles at the memory.

"Oh my god, you had to bring that up?" she embarrassingly buries her face more into his chest as her cheeks began to burn up.