Twenty-Two

A glimpse of light from the sun shines over Barry's closed eyelids. He forces his eyes to shut more to block it out and continue his slumber. He tries to adjust his position but, a tight hold compels him to stop. He blinks his eyes open to see his wife securely in his arms. A small smile spreads on his lips as he leans forward to place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

She squirms, a little, from the touch of affection before burying her face deep into his chest. A soft chuckle escapes his mouth, vibrating against her face, making her slightly pull away to look up at him. Her smile instantly matches his as she looks into his eyes. Her hand finds his cheek and starts to lightly play with the scruff on his face. She watches as he leans into her touch, turning his head to kiss palm, then her wrist, then down and up her arm to her neck before reaching her lips.

"Good morning," he beams as he pulls away rubbing his nose against hers. 

"Morning," she echoes. "Did you sleep okay?" concern fills her voice, realizing their tight sleep arrangement as she tries to pull away from his embrace.

He holds her tight, keeping her in place. "The best sleep I've had in weeks," he smiles and pecks her lips. "I've missed this," he breathes then looks into her eyes. "I've missed you so much."

She smiles back, "I've missed you too." She then lowers her hand to her small bump, "we both have."

His smile widens and he looks down at her belly. He slowly places his hand over hers and feels his throat tighten. "Y-yeah," he stutters, "I've missed you both." He bites his inner cheek to hold back his emotions but, Caitlin reads him like an open book. She moves her hand to place his directly on her stomach and that pushes him over the edge. "My babies," he cries.

"Bar I'm right here. I'm okay - we are okay," she pushes as she guides his hand across her belly.

He pulls his hand back to wrap her in his arms and hold her close to his chest. "I know baby," he kisses the top of her head. "I know but I almost lost you again. I almost lost both of you," he whispers into her hair. "Waking up with you safe in my arms is all I've been wanting for the past couple of weeks," he pulls back to look into her eyes. "Now that it's real I'm scared it is just all a dream," his voice barely a whisper.

"But it's not. This is real; I'm really here in your arms Barry," she pushes as she grabs a hold of his forearm. She pushes herself up to reach his lips, giving him a sweet, tender kiss. He kisses back before slowly pulling away. "It's merely a dream come true," she whispers as her hand finds his cheek, playing with his scruff. 

"What a beautiful dream it is," he smiles staring at her beauty. He watches as the blush creeps into her cheeks and she tries to hide it by burying her face into his chest. He chuckles and gives her a tight squeeze with a kiss on the head. 

Caitlin feels his hold loosen around her body and looks up at him with a confused look. "Why are you letting go?"

"The doctor can be here any minute," he says as he slips off the bed into the chair. "I can't be in the way but, I promise when we get back home we can cuddle all day long in our bed," he smirks, "it's a lot bigger than this one."

She giggles as she nods her head. "That sounds so nice," she breathes with a happy sigh as she shifts on the bed, laying on her back.

Her hand reaches for his to have some hold of him, afraid that if he is too far he will disappear. He takes notice and wraps his hand with hers. "I'm not going anywhere Cait," he lightly chuckles as his thumb gazes over her knuckles. "I'm not going anywhere. Not without you."

She opens her mouth to speak but a knock at the door catches their attention. Shortly after a short squeal escapes the lips of their visitor. "You two are the cutest!" Felicity smiles. She rushes to Caitlin's side to give her a tight hug. "How are you feeling? Any issues? Did you sleep okay? Did you have any nightmares? Is the baby okay?" she rambles.