Nine

"Allen, what are you still doing here? Stalling?"

Barry looks up from his work and anger fills his face. "Get the hell out of my office."

Eddie smirks and walks over to Barry. "Caitlin deserves someone better than you."

Barry slams his hands on his desk as he stands up to face Eddie, "Leave her out of this."

"Too late for that, don't you think?"

Barry's emotions start getting the best of him as his anger takes control. His hands form fists then, his right arm swings at Eddie, punching him in the face. "Screw you."

Eddie grabs his jaw, "huh... should have seen that coming."

"Get out," Barry growls. "And leave Caitlin and me alone."

Eddie stops and stares at Barry, analyzing him, "Where was all this emotion when you were sleeping with my fiance, huh?" he shakes his head and rubs the back of his neck. Barry's anger washes away as guilt sets back in. "I can see you love her, truly. And she deserves someone to love her like that."

"Then you can see how the guilt is eating me alive," Barry breathes. "I can't put her through the pain of knowing what I have done."

Eddie lets out a deep sigh, "What if it had been the other way around?"

"What?" Barry's face drains of color.

"What if Caitlin slept with someone behind your back, wouldn't you want to know?"

Barry shakes his head, "She... she wouldn't do that me..."

"I'm not saying she did, I'm saying put her in your shoes." Eddie grabs Barry by the shoulders, "You better than anyone should know Caitlin hates secrets. She deserves to know." Barry nods his head and looks down at the ground. Eddie lets go of Barry and shoves his hands in his pockets. "And I mean what I said before if you don't tell her, I will."

Eddie walks out of Barry's sight, leaving him in his thoughts. As Barry sits back at his desk, he focuses on the framed photo of their wedding day. Memories of that day flood his mind, only to be brought back with the sound of his phone going off. He slips the device out of his pocket and feels his heartache.

Cait: When are you coming home?

Cait: Are you okay? I'm worried about you.

Cait: I have something I need to tell you... please hurry home, I miss you.

Barry grips the phone in his hand and lets out a deep sigh. I can't keep stalling. I need to tell her. I just hope our love can look past this. He quickly responds then gathers up his things before heading out the door.

The drive to their house felt longer than normal, but then again it was mostly him still trying to stall the inevitable. As he drives into the driveway, he notices a familiar car in front of the house. His eyes widen with fear and he runs to the front door. Just as he is reaching for his keys the door opens wide.

"Finally you're home!" Caitlin smiles as she wraps her arms around him.

Barry embraces her, "So sorry it took so long. I should have been home sooner." He places a gentle kiss on her forehead and holds her tight.

"No no no, it's okay I was just being impatient." Caitlin slightly pulls away and pecks his lips.

He lightly pulls her lips back to his. She obliges as she continues to kiss him back. Their sweet moment ends with someone clearing their throat.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," Caitlin turns her attention to the known stranger as Barry feels his body go limp.

"Iris?"