Twenty-Four

The world around them came to a standstill. The words still ringing in Barry's ears as the surrounding noise is silent. It is happening. Their baby is coming. In an instant, he picks her up in his arms and heads the door. Iris is on his heels, helping him to get Caitlin to the car.

Caitlin watches as her husband becomes a worried wreck. Babbling and patting himself down for his keys and wallet. "Barry, breathe," she breathly chuckles still clutching her stomach as another contraction runs its course. "I need you to be calm," she presses.

"Calm? Cait, you are going into labor! I can't- where are my keys!" he stresses, flipping his pockets inside out.

"Breathe Barry!" a booming voice from behind him chuckles. Oliver pats his shoulder holding the car keys and Caitlin's hospital bag. "I don't need you to be driving like a nervous wreck, understand? You have precious cargo aboard."

The echo of the words gives Barry the need to somehow sober up his nerves. He nods his head, taking a deep breath. "Thank you," he quietly responds then takes the bag and his keys.

Oliver gives him a satisfied smile with a slight nod. "We will pick up and meet you guys over there. Drive safe but, quickly. I don't want that kid born in the car," he chuckles.

Barry smiles and chuckles along before heading to the car and driving off. He is constantly looking over at Caitlin as she continues her steady Lamaze breathing with each coming contraction. He reaches for her hand, pulling it towards his lips as he lays a delicate kiss then rubs his thumb in comfort.

"Are you ready?" she breathes, hoping to distract her pain.

His eyebrows knit while staring at the road then glances over at her. "Ready?" he questions with worry.

She giggles, "Ready to meet our baby?"

A sense of relief washes over him along with a chuckle. His worry, stress, and anxiety slowly easing away. He tightens his hold on her hand before giving it a tender kiss. "I can't wait," he smiles.

Her hold tightens as another labor pain runs its course. She gently rubs her belly, breathing along with the contraction, to soothe some discomfort. "You want to talk about names again?" she breathes.

He looks at her with concern, but know she needs a slight distraction. "Not really, because every time we do we argue. I don't I want to cause more stress for you Cait," he half-smiles.

"No arguing, I promise," she insists, tugging their joint hands to get his attention. "If it's a girl?"

Barry sighs, giving in to his wife's demand, then smiles. "I always liked the name Natalie. It's sweet, but you don't like it because-"

"It reminds me of a girl that would tease me in school," she rolls her eyes at the slight memory.

"And you liked Gabrielle. However, I don't because," he chuckles to his wife's antics.

She heavily sighs, "It reminds you of a girl you used to date in high school." She leans her head back, "Who knew finding a baby name would be so hard!"

He chuckles, "Baby relax. See this is why I didn't want to talk about this."

Caitlin gives her a slight death glare. "Our child needs a name, Barry."

"And we will find the right one," he smiles, reassuringly. "My main concern at the moment is getting you and our baby into the hospital."

She groans in pain as another wave hits through her body. "Make it fast," she breathes.