prologue

Ruby was looking disappointed that she can't go to beacon university it had been her dream to go there like her mom did when she was younger. Before she went to the millitay.

Yang: rubes I know you want to go to beacon but you can't. You know it.

Ruby: I know because you need help around the ranch.*sighing sadly*

Yang: *sighs*I can see what I can do for now. start signing up now and I can work from when and if you leave.

Ruby rushes off from where she was sitting and hugs her sister.

Ruby: thank you, thank you, thank you.

Yang: don't thank me yet I'm going to double your chores with horses since I'll do most of it when your gone.

Ruby: that's understandable thank you sis.

(This is what yang and ruby will wear at the ranch.

Yangs outfit ^

Rubys outfit^)

Rubys outfit^)

Yang: well what are waiting for get to it.

Ruby: right sorry.

Ruby rushes to the field where the horses where kept they had four horses but only rode two of them which is cookie and flame. The other two were snowflake and shadow of the phantom.

*ruby p.o.v*

We named the black horses after a name of a movie. It's been harder to look after the ranch after both our parents died. Mum died on a mission in the military, dad was crying hard after that after a week of her death he couldn't handle the sadness anymore so he killed himself.

Yang looked after me the deaths this made her the best sister ever. It helped she knew how to drive, cook and etc to help keep us running. I would be lost with out her.

After i finished my chores I come in and see yang starting to make dinner.

Me: what are we having sis?