Chapter 5: Basement

Chapter 5: Basement

How could this have happened?

How could he have seen me?

It's impossible, isn't it?

I mean I was in his mind but I wasn't IN his mind.

There was a chance that he saw me I guess, but in some ghostly wolffish form.

Just then as I paced in my room at 2:00 am I had a sudden thought

He's changing me. Slowly, but surely changing me. I can't even remember the last time I cared about something of any scale like this!

No wait that implied I cared!

'Which you do?'

No!

'Yes!'

Wait, what? Now I'm taking to myself!

'Really? Years of training and you just forget about me?'

Oh now I see what is happening. My wolf came out of hibernation ( as most Lab wolves do ) and its her emotions that were confusing me, because in the 'normal world' mates never leave each other's side.

Just think of that before you go into those mixed gender stalls

Today was my day with the boys. I would be taking notes on their feeling toward things. In my mind this stuff made sense:

Pole+apple-north=south+oranges-sw

Which means you live in the north Alaska area, you like apples.

Your mate is not close to you but in the southeast area, she likes oranges.

But to others it's like:

〰+〰-〰=〰+〰-〰

As I thought these things I walked down the stairs to the basement (where I was meeting the boys).

When I reached the last step I toke my seat across the table. Their eyes followed my every movement, like they were searching for a power cord or battery pack.

I fidgeted in seat. The cold metal chair slides past my clothes with a chilled screeching sound.

Oh, faint memories of the Lab, how much I resent thy.

I turned to look at the youngest boy, Jacob.

"So this is how it's going to go", I said placing my folded hands on the frozen table, looking at each boy, avoiding eye contact.

" I'm going to ask you a series of questions today to get a hold of what to look for, latter we'll finalize the details."

"But Trent's mate was IN his mind! Like you said yesterday! Maybe you can just-"

Alex started to say but I cut him off.

"Yes I am aware of that. But you tried to contact her, yes? And she didn't answer "

Trent proceeded to shake his head up and down, his blonde curls flopped along side.

"Ok now sense we have no lead on that! Lets start!"

I asked them the most standard questions about there life. As they answered I noted each event into perfect to recallable memory.

One of the few blessings the Lab have to us.

By the time lunch came around I was wearing thin of the other boys.

I wanted to shift so bad. It had been weeks since I had this much freedom, and I was eagerly awaiting the moment when I could stretch my limbs and go for a run.

But I was fine here distracted for the moment by this-this-Trent. I couldn't keep my eyes off him.

Not enough for him to notice, I stared as he talked of happy memories. His eyes faded out of this reality and into the past.

When he was done his eyes would softly flutter giving me my que to look away.

And the sad part was that I didn't want to. I wanted to gaze at him all day with out his knowing. Notice how stressed he seemed when he was out of my reach.

There was a soft knocking at the top of the stairs.

Their time to leave.

They sifted out our seats and walked up the steps, Trent slowing behind his younger brothers.

"Um Hanna?" He asked me, shockingly unsure of himself.

"Yes?" I asked.

He couldn't know right?

"I really did see her" he insisted.

"Sure you did Trent" I sighed, relieved yet somewhat discouraged.

I got up from my seat to follow him up or past him as he made no movement to climb to the top of the basement stairs.

"I did well her wolf at least" he spoke softly and sadly.

And with that Trent left me confused and without a choice,at the bottom of the incline. I could not and would not be shifting or tracking with him anywhere near me.

I couldn't risk him seeing me, I mean her. It would kill him, literally and realistically.

010100101010101010101001010

Binary Code!

Ok so here it is not really edited but yea know!

Any way the next update time is not set at the moment because tomorrow is Fall Break!

Downer, I won't be in my city, i'll be touring with a bunch of people from my school and we'll be getting up, walking everywhere, then coming back to the hotel to sleep.

So yeah not really any room to type while I'm there, but i'll get in what I can!

Ok bye in-till next time

~Dare