Chapter Twelve: Supergirl

I sat in front of a plate of steak and mashed potatoes with green beans on the side. I looked over to see a woman with dirty blonde hair and a man with dark hair sitting on the sides of the table. Their skin was a peachy color, the man's was slightly paler than the woman's.

"So how was school today, Kara?" the man asked as he scooped up a bit of mashed potatoes.

I sighed. "It's fine, Jeremiah. Nothing new or anything. The stuff at school is too easy."

"How so?" Jeremiah asked before letting out a rough cough.

"The math and science is so outdated from the stuff back on Krypton," I answered, "the algebra they teach us is almost rudimentary."

"Well, Krypton was advanced compared to Earth, Kara," the woman said.

Another sigh escaped me. "I know, Eliza."

"Have you considered enrolling for AP classes for next year?"

I shrugged. "Maybe." I paused for a second. "But with everything going on, I already feel run-down. I mean, even Kal doesn't seem to have faith in me."

Jeremiah shook his head. "You know how Clark is. He hasn't given up on you."

Eliza's silvery-blue eyes looked up at me. Her eyebrows furrowed. "What's going on?"

"There's been an epidemic going around lately," I explained, "it's been impacting mainly guys. The League and I are trying to get to the bottom of it."

"An epidemic?" Jeremiah asked before letting out another cough.

I nodded.

"You sure it wasn't just something that was naturally-created?"

"It doesn't seem like it."

Jeremiah turned to Eliza. "Looks like I know what I'm sick with, honey."

She sighed. "You need to see the doctor about it. That chest cold's been clinging onto you for far too long."

I picked at my green beans.

"First thing tomorrow," Eliza added, "I'm being serious."

"I know, you are, Eliza," Jereiah said. He let out yet another hard cough.

Once dinner ended, I went into my room. It was small, but roomy. My bed was pushed up against the wall, with a desk on the other side. A window was right beside my bed. My phone was face up on my bed. I went over to turn it on. I switched over to a second social media account, my Supergirl account. My profile was empty, but with way too many followers. I tapped into the "direct messages" of my Supergirl account.

"Lee," I texted to him, "it's me. Meet me at the rooftop of City Hall?"

Lee quickly texted back. "Yeah. I'll be there in ten."

I smiled at the screen. "Sweet," I texted back. With that, I put my phone back on my bed. I opened the window and flew out.

The night air was crisp when I arrived at the roof of City Hall. The building was a little too short to be a skyscraper, but I could still see the lights of the city and traffic. A sigh escaped me. Suddenly, I could hear the footsteps from inside the building below me. A heartbeat, too. I turned around as the door to the roof opened.

Lee panted lightly. "How the hell do you get here so fast?"

I chuckled lightly before I floated for a second.

They shook their head. "Unfair." A small smile grew on his face. "Okay, what can't you do?"

"Still figuring it out myself." I sighed as I came back down. "I need to talk to you. I figured that you could confide in me, I can confide in you, too."