Chapter Seventeen: Wonder Woman

"You really think that will work, Helena?" I asked.

Kate, Dinah, Helena, and I stood in the center of the Batcave, with Helena and Kate not wearing their Huntress and Batwoman masks respectively.   Helena had a map of Joker's hideout rolled out in front of us she took from one of Bruce's database.

Helena nodded.  "I know it will."

Dinah sighed.  "So, let me get this straight: you want to have Harley get back into that jester outfit of hers, pretend to crawl back into his life as a henchwoman just to find out what his current schemes are?"

Helena smirked.  "Someone's catching on."

"I gotta get back in that tight jester costume?" Harley whined from her cell, which was not very far from the center of the Batcave.

Helena turned her head slightly in that direction.  "You do what we tell you to, Quinn!"

"Awh, c'mon!"

A scowl appeared on Helena's face.  "No!"

Harley let out a groan.  "But it squeezes in all the wrong places!"

Helena's hand balled into a fist.  She slammed it against the map.  "What about 'no' do you not fucking get, Quinn?!"

"Yer no fair, Hunty!"

Helena's forehead looked like it was about to burst a vein.  "I..go..by..HUNTRESS!"

A frown drew on my face as my eyes widened.

"I say we get back to the plan," Kate said.

"I agree," Dinah chimed in.

Helena looked back at us.  She huffed.  "Anyways, we have Harley distract Joker and steal the scheme.  Once we realize what his plan is, we have Wonder Woman come in from one of Vibe's breaches and use her Lasso of Truth on Joker to figure out how to cure the illness."

I blinked a couple times before a smirk replaced the frown on my face.  "Oh, so now you believe in the Lasso of Truth."

"I saw what I saw when you used it on Harley," Helena explained, "and since Harley hasn't tried to escape..."  She pursed her lips together and squeezed her eyes shut for a moment.  "I have to admit that she was correct."

"Otherwise she would've been back with Joker by now?" I added.

"Exactly."  She chuckled.  "For once, she can actually leave that deranged fucker."

I shook my head.  "But Harley's correct.  This is unfair to her."

Helena scowled.  "So?  She's a convict.  Consider this her comeuppance."

"An ex-convict that was manipulated by madman, sister."

"If you are weak enough to get manipulated by the Joker, then you deserve what comes next."

"She is a person."

"And so were the people she terrorized with the Joker," Helena replied, "you know how much blood is on her ledger, Diana."

"Might I add that yours is not the cleanest, either?"

Helena scoffed.  "I kill only to those who deserve it.  I don't just axe anyone off when I feel like it."  She cracked a smile.  "It's funny that what you're saying is coming out of the same woman who snapped Maxwell Lord's neck on live TV fifteen years ago."

A scowled formed on my face.  "He told me under the Lasso of Truth's influence that it was the only way."

Dinah rolled her eyes.  "We're getting off topic.  Are we or are we not using Harley as our mole?"