Chapter Twenty-One: Supergirl

"So what happens now?" I asked Diana.

She sighed. "Huntress and I need to go over the plan with Harley. For all of you, I feel that some sparring can help prepare for the ambush tomorrow night."

Barbara's bluish-green eyes widened. "Tomorrow night?"

"If our hunch is correct, then getting Joker tomorrow night will stop the disease from getting worse as soon as possible." Diana looked to Kate. "I need to have a briefing with both Huntress and Harley about this ambush. While that is going on, can you run the sparring?"

Kate nodded. "I'll show them the way." With that, she led the others out from the cortex while Diana and Helena walked in the opposite direction, heading to where the cell was.

"A training room?" Courtney asked as we followed Kate, "in the Batcave?" She scoffed. "Yeah, right."

"How many times have you been in the Batcave, Courtney?" Kate replied.

Courtney's voice stuttered. "Uh...once?"

Kate smirked. "That's what I thought." She led them to a wall. She typed in a code into a keypad.

The wall rose up, revealing a vast, empty room.

I turned to Barbara. "Does Batman train in here?"

"He's trained me and all of the Robins in here," she answered.

We flooded through the opening before the wall closed down again.

"I need everyone to stretch before we pair off," Kate announced.

"Pair off?" Courtney asked as she started doing lunges.

"I need to see who's abilities are who's, so when I regroup with Diana, I can help make any last-minute changes to the plan."

Courtney scoffed. "Sounds like a flimsy plan if that's the case."

"It's a provision," Kate said, "just in case."

Courtney rolled her eyes as she stretched her arms.

I looked over at Mon-El, who was further away. He revealed strongly-built biceps as he stretched out his arms. My eyes widened slightly at this. Butterflies filled my stomach. My mouth quivered a bit, but words failed to come out. I felt my cheeks grow warm.

I heard footsteps approach me. "Is Kara blushing?" Babara teased.

My eyes widened as I turned to her. "Babs!"

Barbara grinned. "Kara, I saw that blush on your face."

I shook my head. "I don't know what you're talking about. The corners of my mouth tugged up into a smile.

She pointed at my mouth with her dark-yellow glove. "I see that smile."

I playfully pushed it back. "Babs, I don't think of him like that."

"Seriously?" She chuckled. "Well, since you don't like him," she said, air-quoting, "I'll call dibs."

"Babs!" I couldn't help but smile back.

"What?" she asked, "I mean, look at him. He's like..." She put a hand up. "Damn." Barbara shrugged. "I mean, if I were you. But he's an alien."

"So you're xenophobic now?" I teased.

She put up both of her hands. "To be fair, I'd want to be with someone on my level, you know? At least he'd be on yours."

I cocked my head to the side slightly. "Yeah, I guess I can see where you're coming from."