Leap

It's the day. It's the day where I start something I chose, something will take me to where I belong, and something values my worth. It's my first day of college, a four years university actually, this might piss my family off but I chose not to listen to them and do what I want with my life leading me to break their words and not attending a community college. It is not that I have something on it but this is what I wanted to do. I turned 18 years old a few months ago, for you to know about me I am funny, given, kind, love to talk, and I am so very dramatic. I love drama so much, I think I got it from my parents. They like to fight a lot and I hate to say that because people would think I am coming from a broken house. So, I'll rephrase with "they argue loudly". During the summer break after my highschool graduation, I entered an honors program. The program provides its students to take classes to save time and to show them how to get used to university life and too many other skills such as leadership and new experiences. This summer during the HTH program (honors to honor) I met my university best friend, Betty, Betty the sweet girl with innocent face lost her parents in a car accident when she was a high school sophomore, she lived with her grandmother for the rest of her high school journey. She wanted to leave her grandmother's house after graduation, the state as well. I would not lie glad she did that because I wouldn't have met her. Betty left Florida two weeks after graduation and never wanted to be back. Betty and I shared the same room all summer long. We did everything together except for showering. I have always hated new things and found a hard time getting along with them, making new friends also wasn't an easy step for me to take but I didn't find struggles with Betty, I felt like we have known each other a long time ago. Betty has always wished to live my life, and I wanted hers so bad. She misses parents' rules, orders, and expectations and I am totally sick and tired of them. The HTH program is done and everyone is leaving home but Betty, I know this makes her sad but this is life. Speaking of life and reality, I am going to be stuck at home with my parents and my brother who is four years older than me which makes us kind of best friends. Not seeing Betty for two weeks until the fall semester starts kinda made me mad because I had to take out all my frustration to someone. FaceTiming was not enough. Two weeks have past and I'm stuck with my parents, I thought it would not be that bad because my brother will be back from the army and they'll be busy with him but no, my brother's break got delayed. Here I am starting the major that I have always dreamed and believed in when no one else did including best friends, family members, and too many others but I don't care now that I am where I'm supposed to be, where I want to be, where I see my future lighting and shining bright. I have always dreamed of becoming a cardiologist, everyone laughed at me when I decided that, they didn't believe in me I guess. But their opinions isn't a major class that I have to worry about. I knew that I was going to have two classes with Betty, even though we have two different majors but my first class of the year wasn't with her, I met that boy who was named Zaydin I walked into the room and sat next to him avoiding those empty tables all around the room because I wanted to do the opposite of what I always do with this new beginning. I usually sit far away from everyone. He was kind to me and of course, I was too,. The professor told the class that we are going to be doing lots and lots of projects during the whole semester, I was expecting taking lessons from the first day, this isn't high school anymore, this is the real, mature independent life. Zaydin wasn't worried because, after the conversation we had, he figured out that his partner is the smartest. The class is finally over, I have 3 hours till my next class which will be with Betty. Can you guess where I'll be going?