Ch. 7-Restless morning & New friends

—Vixen
I woke up in a cold sweat...thinking I was back in my cage. I panicked and fell off the couch....

I was staring at the ceiling. Completely confused.....

.

.

.

*Where...? Oh....right. The Gaster gang. The void...and what happened last night😓. Well...at least I won't get beaten every morning anymore.....*

I sighed and gently stood up, got back onto the couch and tried to go back to sleep...since it was 3:00 in the morning. I yawned, I couldn't remember the last time I slept past 3AM.

I curled up in my tail and tried to fall asleep again...

—Time skip—

(4:58AM)
Okay... I'm not gonna fall asleep this way. I was completely restless....to used to staying awake at this time, or get nearly beaten to death for sleeping in past the given wake up time.

*Fucking son of a bitch humans!*

I snarled at the thought of them and curled up in a ball. I sighed and tried to relax....

(6:05AM)

I was just starting to fall asleep when I heard a door open. I froze and my eyes flew open...completely still and silent I listened as footsteps came downstairs.

Then I heard noises from the kitchen...

I sat up slowly and glanced into the kitchen....Swap was making Breakfast. Of course he was.

I sighed and laid back down with my head hanging over the arm of the couch. I gave up trying to sleep and just laid there, quietly.

I had got my regular 2 hours of sleep, anyways and that was enough sleep...well it was better than nothing.

The smells from the kitchen were filling my senses...it was the best thing I ever smelled. I was drawn to towards the kitchen...I stood there watching him cook.

He was fast and very talented at what he does...I couldn't really tell what he was making but it smelled wonderful. My mouth watered....My tail wagged in anticipation.

"Oh, good morning Vixxie! Did you sleep well??" He asked as he noticed my presence.

I flinched...what was I to say???? I wasn't normally asked this question or greeted in the morning 😐. Shit standing here made me look stupid!! Come say something, anything?!

"... I slept fine. What is that you're making? It smells good." I said, trying to quickly change the subject.

He glanced at me, and gave me a strange look before turning back to the food. "I'm making sausage, and pancakes. I think you'll like them!" He said with a big smile.

I heard more footsteps coming downstairs so I departed to the table. B was accompanied by Fell who was helping him down the stairs, with Stars and Wingdings not to far behind them.

Swapfell came down after all of them, yawning. He seemed as tired as I was maybe less. B sat down next to me as I rested my head on the table, Fell sat down too. I closed my eyes...I didn't like Fell very much....and I'm sure the feeling was mutual for him too.

"Good morning Vixen." Stars said. I opened an eye and glanced at him. He was smiling and had a small colorful hue on his cheeks. Was he blushing? Not really sure why, I don't care.

"Good morning..." I grumbled. I was tired and my body aches. I'd have to change my bandages again later today... I hated doing that.

"You sound pretty tired...did you sleep alright last night??" He asked me. "Slept like normal..." I told him.... I mean I didn't lie to him. I did sleep like I normally do I just didn't get the sleep I needed....I think?

How long are monsters supposed to sleep anyways?!

I yawned...I was so tired. But once I had breakfast I'd be up and awake. I waited patiently until the food was on the table....

While we ate, Fell had left the table and went upstairs. I heard the bathroom door closed...I was filled with anxiety and worry. Did I get rid of everything...did I put everything back in it's place properly.

My body shakes as I listen carefully for anything from Fell.

No sounds...that was good. I sighed and went back to my food. *Slam!!!!* I was startled by the bathroom door suddenly slammed against the wall. My tension was back to full and my soul was pounding. I continued to eat trying to hide my fear as Fell ran downstairs...

"Okay! Who's blood is on the floor in the bathroom?!!" He said concern and slightly annoyed/angry. My soul/ heart stopped...my plate was empty and I couldn't believe that I had forgotten to check for blood dripped on the floor.

I was better at hiding stuff like that back in my world. I had to or I'd get beaten...

I was the last one in the bathroom before Fell...so—

Maybe I'd luck out and someone else went into the bathroom while I was asleep. The chances were very slim but it was my only hope for my secret.

The room was silent.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Vixen...?"