The Curse of Pride

"Loyalty is a funny thing, isn't it." He said the words almost to himself, "Is it so strange that maybe all I want is for someone to love and trust me, I am still human you know." Dumbstruck I almost laughed at the absurdity of the claim. Him? Human? That is as far from the truth as the moon is from the Earth. Pan gazed at me expectantly. 

Gaining some sort of deluded confidence, I answered him. "Pan, I don't know what it is you want from me, but I can be certain that love isn't it." Part of me wondered if his expression would change or if my mouth would finally be the cause of my death. He lifted a hand and I flinched slightly, involuntarily. Cursing myself I tried to keep my expression strong.

Pan smiled, making no more move to punish me for the slip of my tongue. "Oh my beautiful Tiger Lily dear, you're surprisingly smart aren't you. I really thought I could melt that icy heart of yours." He raised both hands from his sides to remove my slack hands from his throat. Taking them in his own he stroked the flesh softly, I shuddered at the touch. I've never been a fan of physical contact, but Pan was oh so much worse. 

Mustering up the last of my courage, I whispered against gritted teeth. "I'm not yours." 

In an instant the smile fell from his face. All mirth devoid from Pan's eyes, he let go of one of my hands to caress my face. I wanted to draw away, but something in his gaze told me that I was walking on thin ice ready to splinter at the slightest wrong move. Pan placed his warm palm against my cheek, thumb drifting across my trembling lip. "I may not love you, but you are very much mine." Grip tightening, fingers digging painfully into the delicate skin my body went utterly rigid.

Pan forced his hand open and my chest relaxed allowing air to enter my lungs again. He removed his hand from me entirely placing the comfortably behind his head. Taking the opportunity I tried to move off his torso, the feeling of his bare torso against my thighs was something I would gladly remove the skin there to forget. But with one pointed glare from Pan I froze in place and quickly returned there trying to keep as much distance as possible as I was becoming quite aware of my current outfit and his status as a full grown man. I hadn't been able to change out of the less than modest clothing that he had provided me since the fight. "I want you to do something for me, please my sweet, it's really quite simple. Though you could have avoided it if you weren't so mouthy." My thoughts ran wild with possibilities, would I have to kill someone, deliver Killian into his waiting hands, torture an innocent boy, or possibly torture myself for his entertainment? None of them would surprise me coming from him. "Do you want to know?" Taking my silence as an affirmative Pan continued. "I want you to kiss me."

I think my jaw actually dropped and I quickly spluttered something that sounded vaguely like the word "what". 

Snorting Pan replied. "You heard me dear, don't make me repeat myself, I'm not a patient man." His body remained totally relaxed, he made no action to force the action upon me. He genuinely wanted to comply of my own will. 

A snake like hiss escaped me, "why?", disgust dripping from the word. "You have magic, you can force me to do what ever you want me to. You don't love me either, why would you want me to kiss you?" The idea didn't compute with me, hadn't made much of a sexual advance upon me before this, why now? What was his game?

Contemplating me it took him a second to answer. "I could, you're very right. But you're just so stubborn, you'd fight me every second of it. You'd still have that annoying pride of yours. You're going to give yourself to me, of your own will. I will make you mine Tiger Lily, and you're going to give yourself to me." I hadn't honestly expected him to answer, but the arrogance in his tone placed me on edge.

Refusing to let my courage crumble I spoke again. "And why would I do that?" I was ready for the death threats, even if they became  a reality. I would rather die than submit to his will.

"You underestimate me love, I won't be killing you. I want you to submit to me, if I kill you you still have the power and I can't have that." Pan paused for dramatic effect before continuing, "You know the new recruit, I think Bevin is his name," my heart dropped into my stomach, "If  you don't comply, I'll bring you his head." Pan's voice was dark and demonic as the words broke my resolve. 

He had to be bluffing he wouldn't kill one of his boys they were his family, he just wanted to do as his he wanted. That was it. It had to be. Pan was evil but not this evil. He wouldn't, would he? As he continued to stare me down I realized the truth, Pan was that evil and her very much would, just to prove a point. The worst thing is that no one would lift a finger to stop the Devil. 

"Now love, are you going to let your pride cost that poor boy his life?" Darkness split his young face as a cruel smirk touched his lips. I began to truly tremble with real fear as the creature finally reared it ugly head. I had always believed that Killian had exaggerated a bit to scare me out of ever tangling with the demon, it wasn't until now I realized how wrong I had been. 

-_-

I realized something quite strange yesterday while I was rereading this story. I started this when I was 15, my writing has changed so much since then, it's insane. Part of me can't believe anyone actually read it, such a strange idea honestly. I know my writing still isn't all that great but I hope you enjoy it more now. I'll go back and rewrite it at some point once I finish this story. which I will do.