chapter fifteen

I got up the next day to the blinding light and a knock on my door. My eyes were bloodshot and I probably looked terrible. "Professor Britt its time to wake up" Hermione says from the other side of the door. "Okay" I answer and my voice cracks. "And you dont need to call me Proffesor Britt, Hermione, dear" I say softly as I open the door. She looked at me with questionable eyes. "How about you come in? I need to get ready and Ill explain in here" I tell her. She comes in and shuts the door behind her. Its weird that I explained everything to this young fifteen year old. But I told her what Harry said as I got dressed in the bathroom. When I came out after finishing the story I was in a white blouse with a black high waisted skirt. My hair was pulled back into a high pony tail and my makeup was done to make me look less dead. "I think he just feels bad that he has you and not his mum" Hermione says as I pull my cloak on. "Wow this is so weird to talk to my Proffesor about this" she says. "Hey Im also your bestfriends god mother-aunt like figure...well I dont know anymore" I say softly. "Try talking to Harry please since he doesnt want me in his life he needs someone to open up to" I tell her. She hesitates for a second and looks down. "I dont know if he will talk to me he is closer to Ron." She says. "Tell Ron too. You both need to stay with him." I tell her before putting a hand on her shoulder and leading her out "You can go now." I smile softly. She nods and waves goodbye. I skip breakfast and walk down to Hagrids and knock on the door. He opens it and smiles. "Little Cassie? I heard you were workin' in my spot but I came back just in time. They got some old hag for a time bein'. The kids loved you. When I came back they talked on and on about all the lessons. Even some Slytherins liked you" Hagrid babbles and I laugh. "Its good to see you Hagrid." I tell him. He leads me in and we sit down and talk about how we would combine our teaching ideas together and how we could both teach-and then he brings up Umbridge. "Ya know. That ministry woman, Dolores Umbride, she is coming by during class today to watch my teaching since she already did it to you" he says and I groan. "Really? I hate her so much" I say and he nods. "She's a devil" he says and sips on a glass of tea. "Do you wants some tea? I have some left" he says politely. "Sure. Thanks Hagrid" I smile softly. Hopefully today wont be that bad.