twenty-four

Cassies pov

"Molly, I need your help." I say instantly when I apparate and find her knitting. "Oh, Cass, hey." She says looking up. "What do you need?" She asks. "Tell me whats wrong." She says and pats the couch space beside her. I sit down explain my throwing up, nausea and how I've been seeing things that disappear in a second or arent really there in the first place. "I think you're just pregnant." She laughs. "Im not pregnant, I cant be! Tell me Im deathly sick and need to go get help." I beg. "Why don't you want to be pregnant?" She asks. "Sirius doesnt want kids." I say quietly. "Neither did Arthur and now we have a seven." Molly says and pats my leg. "He told me today no kids until after you-know-who is completely gone and when he is free." I sya softly. Tears start to fall "I don't want a child." I whisper. "You might not be pregnant, I could be wrong." Molly says. "If I am I'm not keeping it." I say with a slight cough. "You cant kill an innocent baby!" Molly shrieks. I bow my head "Don't tell Sirius," and then I apparate to St. Mungos. "Hello, I'm here to see if I'm pregnant. My names Cassandra Britt." I say to the lady at the desk. "Okay. Go to the waitng room." The lady smiles and I go and sit down. I felt quizy just of the thought of me being pregnant. I didn't want to loose Sirius, I'd go childless before I loose him. If he doesn't want the baby....neither do I

Flash back

"Please, promise to take care of yourself." Richie says and hugs me. "I'll be fine." I tell my little brother as I try to hold back the tears. "Have a wonderful life. Get married, have children. Live a life you have always wanted." Richie tells me and I laugh. "You too, baby brother." I tease. "I am the protective baby brother and I love you." He whispers and kisses my cheek. "Goodbye sis." He says quietly as I apparate to my new home in the muggle world.

I felt tears fall so I quickly wiped them. "Cassandra Britt." My name is called so I quickly get up and follow a young woman, around my age at the most, and went into a room. "Lay down and lift your shirt, dearie." She smiles warmly at me as I awkwardly lift my shirt after laying down. "Boyfriend or husband not here?" She questions. "Fiance and he, um, doesn't exactly know, or want a child." I tell her. "Oh, he will be excited when he finds out. Who is he?" She asks. This is why Sirius didn't want a child. "His name is Josh." I say the first name that comes to mind. She smiles at me and goes to work with spells on my stomach. "You're a month pregnant." (A/n: From the first time they did the dead...im estimating here lol.)

I felt my walls crashing as I did a double take at a small picture she handed me. You could barely see anything, but I had another living thing in me. "How can I get rid of it?" I whisper wanting it out now before I regret it. "Are you sure you want to do that?" She asks. I instantly nod my head furiously and she sighs, "Wait a few months and see if you still don't want the baby." She says kindly. "I dont want to wait, I want it gone. Please." I beg. "Look Cassandra I understand." She says and my mind started boiling-and she called me by my whole name. "How?! How would you know what its like for you fiance to not want children?" I question in aggravation. "Because my husband divorced me. I got rid of the baby he never knew about and when he found out he called me a monster and divorced me. Please give it thought." She says and looks away. "I regretted it, so would you. Its a baby." She says quietly. I felt bad so I get up and go toward the door. "I'm sorry." I whisper before apparating. Instead of apparating home I apparate to hogsmeade, wanting some firewhiskey-but butterbeer will have to do. I walk through the cold with a thin hoodie and leggings. My hair was down and probably looked as terrible as I felt. "Professor Britt?" I look up and see one of the Ravenclaw students smiling at me. "Oh, hello dear. Is it a hogsmeade trip?" I ask. She nods "Yes, we got one to have a good time back from the break." She says excitedly. "Oh, I'm also sorry you got fired." She adds. "It's okay. I will be back next year if the toad-I mean Umbridge is gone." I explain. She laughs "Have a good day Proffesor." She says then leaves before I can tell her I'm technically not a teacher anymore. I enter the Three Broomsticks and shiver at the sudden warmness. I sat down in the corner by myself and ordered a butterbeer. I played with my ring for awhile until I heard an annoying 'hem' that made me want to punch someone. "Why are you here?" The toad, Umbridge, asks. "Umm..because I apparated here." I say in a 'duh' tone as I look up at the pink blob. "Is that an engagement ring?" She asks. I nod happily and smile a little before I remember I'm with the toad and my little problem I'm having with my fiance right now shouldnt be the best time to smile about it. "Who is it with?" She asks snottily. "That's my business." I slide her off. "I want you to do me a favor." She says and sits down in front of me before I could protest. My butterbeer came and sat in front of me so I sipped it as I stared at the toad with a bored expression. "Can you fill this out?" She asks and hands me a paper. "What is it?" I ask. "A paper on the school, Albus needs it filled out by someone besides me." She says and hands me a pin. "Just copy whats written on this one onto that one and we can say you did it." She says. I scoffed and was about to hand it back when she glared at me. I didnt feel like messing with her so I started writing. I wasn't paying attention to what I was writing. I just quickly wrote it over and over again-until I felt a terrible aching sting in my hand, making me drop the pen and look at my hand.
'Do not mess with Dolores Umbridge.'

Was scratched and bleeding on my hand. "You're sick!" I hiss before getting up and purposely spilling my butterbeer all over her. My hand stung and my head hurt as I left the pub and walked along the streets. I wanted to go home, but not with Sirius there. "Cassie?" I turn at the call of my name. "Severus." I say coldly as I gripped my hand to help the stinging. My head was pouding so hard that I almost fell over, and I was standing still! "Are you okay? Drunk?" Severus asks. "No, I'm not drunk." I scoff and grab my head. "What happended to your hand?" He asks. He grabbed my hand to try and look at it but I stumble and fell on him. "Lets take you to the castle." He says softly. I try and protest but I was tired. He lifts me up bridal style and carefully carries me off. His face remained motionless as I stared at him with my eyes half closed. "Why are you being nice?" I whisper. "Because that's what friend's are for." He answers and my eyes fully shut