Tanjiro x reader

Author's note: Hi! I know how annoying author notes can get, so this will be a short one :) Requests are open if you would like to request! I will leave a chapter after this for you to request on.
-----------

>Tanjiro X reader

> Alternate universe (School AU), but Tanjiro still has his keen sense of smell

> fluff

> Requests open

💓💓💓

Burgundy colored eyes glanced over in your direction from time to time. You sat at a table in the cafeteria with your close friends, giggling and trying to hold back bursts of laughter. Unconsciously, your hand would cover your mouth everytime you let out an angelic sound.

Tanjiro, eyed you from the corner of his eyes, trying to get a glimpse of your smile. He could sense something off, even when you laughed and seemed happy. You seemed to be insecure of even the small things, including your laugh.

        Others would probably see the little gesture of your hand covering your mouth as polite or graceful, but Tanjiro could see right through and figured out it was only because of insecurities. He decided to make it a mission of his to get you to laugh infront of him, without being shy about it.

Insecurities had always ate at you. Even the tiniest of matters seemed to affect you. Your smile was just one of the many things you were insecure about. Often, you were jelaous of the things you couldn't be. Feeling eyes upon your form, you tilted your head back slightly to see the culrprit. Your eyes met with soft and honest burgundy ones. Your smile dropped, and your cheeks turned pink.

Tanjiro blushed slightly, he had been caught red handed. He just couldn't look away, he had been entraced by your beauty. You just looked so pretty sitting there.

Your hands fiddled with the bottom of your skirt and your mouth had been open, slightly parted. Your hair was slightly touseled, the luscious locks spread over your back. Shorter hair framed your face nicely, complimenting your face shape. How could someone like you be insecure? Tanjiro thought. You truly looked like a godess without even trying. Quickly, you turned back to look at your friends as they chatted away.

Thoughts ran through your head. Why was he looking at me? Is there something on my face?

Hopefully, no one from your friends realized you had been staring.

As soon as you turned back to face your friends though, one of them was staring right at you, smirking and wiggling her eyebrows. "Sooooo, who is it? Your crush? Who were you looking at? Which one? The red head?"

Nope. Guess you were caught. Your cheeks flamed up, and you pouted, no point in hiding it now. "Shut up! He'll hear you!" You whisper yelled back.

The rest of your friends all giggled, finding your embarrasing reaction hilarious. You puffed out your cheeks back at them with pink cheeks.

Luckily, the bell sounded before your friends could tease you more. Tossing your backpack over your shoulder, you stood up with your lunch bag in hand. "I'm gonna go to class early, see ya," You let out a small smile towards your friends.

You rushed out the door, letting out a relieved sigh as soon as you were out of sight. You went straight to class, blushing lightly all the way there. The memories of what happened in the cafeteria kept arising in your mind, but you tried to brush it off and think about something else.

He was always in your mind! As you took a seat in the back corner of the classroom, you pulled out your papers and set them on the desk, glaring at them. You just hated how Tanjiro had such an affect on you. His adorable face would not get out of your head!

Students piled into the classroom, one after the other. You glanced up and saw Tanjiro walk in through the door. Gosh, how stupid can I get? I forgot he was in my class.

You continued to stare, trying your best not to make it obvious. He looked so cute! You pryed your eyes off his figure and looked back down.

Hearing footsteps approaching, you turned your head to the right only to have your heart leap out of your chest. "Hey! Can I sit here?" Tanjiro gave you that famous smile. You opened your mouth, but then closed it again, at loss for words. Instead, you simply nodded. Ahh where's my voice?! And why is he sitting here?

Though he sat a few inches away from you on his chair, it felt like he was much closer. Your heart began racing and you could hear it thumping it so ludly against your chest if felt as if he would be able to hear.

"What do sprinters eat before a race?" Tanjiro suddenly blurted out with a determined look on his face. Caught off guard, you fumbled with your words. "Huh? Um, I'm not sure," you turned towards him for his response.

"Nothing... They fast!" You stared at him blankly, comprehending as he anxiously awaited your response. You chuckled, trying to hold back a laugh. "Bwahaha! That was awful oh my god," Again, your hand covered your mouth as you chuckled loudly as his stupid dad joke.

As you laughed, Tanjiro gently grabbed your hand and removed you hand from infron of your face. Your laughter died down slightly, but you still held that toothy grin.

His heart leaped as he saw your gorgeous smile. "You shouldn't hide your smile or laugh, you look pretty!" He let out a close eyed smile.

As if it was possible, your heart began beating faster than before and your face burned pink. Oh gosh, I think I'm gonna faint.

💓💓💓💓
I hope that wasn't too bad 😔 Also, expect lots of Tanjiro and Genya oneshots! Their too pure and I just love them very muchhh