Haganezuka X Reader

> Haganezuka x reader

> fluff

> Gosh just take a look at his face omggg im swooning (Also sorry if he's too oc, Im not sure how he would act infornt of his lover or any girl, as the manga only shows how he acts infornt of Tamjiro)
> Request for solostone6
(Hope you like it!)

You had to go on a mission soon, but your sword had still not been forged. It had been almost weeks, and still nothing.

You decided to visit the swordsmith who made your swords, Haganezuka. Your cheeks turned pink at the thought of him, and you would rather avoid him, but your missions were being delayed because of him.

After a while of switching from kakushi to kakushi, you had finally made it to the swordsmith village by the permission of Oyataka-sama.

You entered the small hut the chief of the village lived in, and bowed your head down to him. He recognized you quickly as you came by often, "Ah, (y/n)-san! How are you?" You raised your head slightly, looking at him with a small smile, "Alright, I've come by to get my sword. My missions are being delayed as I haven't gotten my sword back for a few weeks again," you explained.

The chief face palmed, sighing. " That Haganezuka! He always takes so long to forge swords," he showed his disappointment through his voice. Another swordsmith whom stood beside the chief spoke up, wiggling his eyebrows. "He just wants the best sword for (y/n), so she doesn't get hurt," Your face went aflame, "I'm sure that's not the case.." You mumbled, even if you wanted it to be for that reason.

You stood up, bowing again. "I'll be off to see him, thank you,"

As you walked to Haganezuka's hut, you blushed, wondering if he truly is taking a long time to vuild your sword for that reason "he justs wants the best sword for (y/n)san," the words of the swordsmith echoed through your head. You smacked your face with your hands, ugh what am I thinking? That's definitely not the reason!

Before you knew it, you had arrived at the male's little hut.

Taking a deep breath and composing yourself, you knocked on the door softly. Before you knew it, Haganezuka stood in the door frame as he opened the door.

You crossed your arms, trying to stand taller and look straight at his masked face, but failing miserably. The height difference stood out, making you look simialar to a sassy little kid arguing with their parent. "So! Where is my nichirin blade?" You questioned.

He glanced down at you with a straight face, clearly not amused. "I'm clearly working on it," he stated, moving to the side for you to see the sword in the midst of being built. "I know that, ya big dork. You've been working on it for so long though. My mission's are being delayed y'know?" You walked around him, entering his little hut uninvited and taking a seat on the carpeted floor.

Your mind began wandering back to what the other swordsmith said, and your face turned pink for a split second but you forced it away and brushed it off.

Haganezuka sighed, closing the door and took a seat beside you. Honestly, he intimidated you slightly with the height difference. His presence right beside was making your heart beat faster.

Removing his mask, Haganezuka placed it on the table beside him. Your cheeks turned red again at his face. This was normal, you had seen his face before a couple of times but it still made your heart leap everytime.

"I only want the best sword for you," he grumbled under his breath as he continued to work away carefully at the sword. "And I wanted you to come visit me again,"

Freezing, you could feel your heart race and your face blossoming into different shades of red. It was so unexpected, you felt caught off guard. Was this his way of confessing?

You looked down at your hands and began fiddling with them. What should I say? How do I respond to him?

You were always bad with words, especially at telling people how you felt. You wanted to be nice, but it was like you forgot how to talk, and your words would come out wrong everytime, making you sound rude.

"U-um," you spoke up, not knowing what to say, "I still need to go missions, I need to be able to train,"

Aah shit! Why did I say that?! I sound so mean! Thats not what I meant to say--

Haganezuka stood up, holding the sword in his hand. He looked down at you, and tossed the sword beside you carelessly. "Then go. Why are you here? Find another swordsmith who's better than me,"

His voice cracked slightly at the end of his sentence and it broke your heart to pieces. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. He was going to leave before you two ever got together.

His loud footsteps stomped towards the door and he probably planned to leave you alone there. Hand on the knob, he began turning it.

"W-wait! Haganezuka! Wait, please, I'm sorry! That's not what I meant," you grabbed onto his hand, attempting to stop him before he left. Tears had made their way to your eyes. This wasn't how it was supposed to go, you were just so awkward, you always ruined everything by accidentally spouting some nonsene you never meant to say. You softly squeezed his calloused hand.

He was truly a wonderful man, he would spend all his time foraging swords for those who needed it. He spent so long, carefully foraging your sword so you would be safe during a battle. He wanted you to be safe.

Lowering your voice, you spoke again. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, that's not what I meant. I'm just bad with my words, but I love you too-" That's all he needed. He spun around, pinning you to the wall with both hands on the side of your head, crashing his lips into yours and cutting yours words off.

"Mpmph!" Your eyes widened in shock, but you fluttered them close after realizing what was happening. You smiled back into the kiss, stepping on your tippytoes and wrapping your arms around his neck.

Both of you pulled away breathlessly, staring into each other's eyes. Your eyes were half lidded with love and passion, your cheeks tinted pink.  You were so much beautiful up close, with your long luscious eyelashes and small pink lips.

Giggling softly, you gave him a close eyed smile, placing your small hand on his cheek. "I love you," This time, it was his turn to be flustered and at a loss for words.