Tanjiro x reader

💌 Jealous Tanjiro X reader

💌 Thank you for requesting cyclops005, Im not very good at writing emotionless people, but the reader is kinda tsundere and cold on the outside. I hope you like it!

💌 Cute fluff uwu

.....

Within the kitchen of the butterfly estate, you stood, making breakfast. Although to others, it would seem you were occupied with what you were doing,but you were more so concentrated on your thoughts, lost inside your head.

A certain redhead's face seemed to be glued to your head. His stupid smile, it seemed to have such affects on you. You hated it. You were usually one to keep to yourself, not letting others past the walls you built up. After having your trust broken once, you just couldn't risk going through that heartbreak again. But that boy, Tanjiro, seemed to be collapsing your walls easily with ease. His smile and kindness was contagious and it would make you feel things you did't want to feel.

How could someone be so kind and open? You just didn't get it, it just didn't make sense no matter how much you put your head to it. He had been through a lot, you could tell. But how could he still keep smiling?

You sighed, the picture of his smiling face not leaving your mind. If your head didn't want to participate, that was fine, atleast you could avoid him in real life.

After finishing up breakfast and almost swallowing it whole out of hunger, you decided to go visit Nezuko. It was a lazy day anyways, and you liked Nezuko's presence. It was calming, and the fact that she couldn't speak was an advantage for you. You didn't like speaking very much anyways. Being social just wasn't in your nature, you were always great at ruining everything by just speaking.

You caught sight of her long, curly black hair. Nezuko sat under the shade, watching her brother, Zenitsu and Inosuke training. "Hi, Nezuko," you softly smiled at her.

She nodded, giving you a small hum to welcome you. You took a seat next to her. You followed her eyes to the three boys and your cheeks turned pink at the sight of Tanjiro. Your hands began shaking, nervousness beginning to consume you.  Closing your eyes, you hummed softly, trying to avoid looking at him.

"Can I braid your hair Nezuko?" You questioned. Anything was better than watching him train. Your mind would begin to wander all over again. She hummed, nodding.

"Thank you," Nezuko turned to the side, allowing you to get a full view of her hair. Skillfully, your hands braided her long hair. The three boys yelled, but they all sounded droned out you. Except for Tanjiro's voice as he motivated his friends. You could feel the beating of your heart drumming against your chest and the pink spreading on your cheeks. You swore to yourself you wouldn't open up to anyone, no matter who it was. But you seemed to be losing to Tanjiro internally. Even being in his presence made you feel warm, and relaxed. His aura seemed to be a naturally kind one, making you want to be near him more often. But you were scared. For yourself, and for messing everything up.

Unbeknownst to you, Tanjiro glanced at you time to time as you styled Nezuko's hair. His heart warmed staring at the two girls he cared for very much bonding. He was only able to sneak glances at you from afar, because everytime he approached you, you seemed to avoid him. It confused him, you would be fine talking to anyone, except for him. Why did you avoid him? A feeling never known to Tanjiro before swelled in his heart. He wanted you to talk to him, not to be scared of him. He wanted your soft hands running through his locks, and not Nezuko's.

Realization slowly came to him. Was he perhaps jealous? Yes, he wanted you all to himself, he wanted you attention on him and him alone. But how would he approach you without having you avoid him?

Time passed by quickly, and eventually the boys were done training. You were quick to get up, and start walking away. Tanjiro quickly followed after you. Maybe this was his chance? To speak to you without you not wanting to.

"Hey," his hand clasped around yours, stopping you in your tracks. Your heart leaped in your chest and your eyes widened as you froze in place. His hand cupped yours gently, and yours fit into his hand perfectly, like a puzzle; like it was meant to be.

"Wait," he softly spoke, as if you would slip out of his grasp and run away again. "Please, don't avoid me," his own voice echoed in his head, making him realize how pathetic and desperate he sounded.

"It's h-hard to," you spoke up quietly, "Its hard to, when your the one who makes me feel butterflys in my stomach. I don't want to feel like this, I just don't like the affect on you have on me. I'm.. Just scared,"

"It's okay, it's okay. I feel the same.. About the butterflys. I know you're scared, about being open to people. You're scared to let your guard down. But please trust me,"

You took a deep breath, turning around to face him. You grabbed his other hand, now holding both. Finding the little courage you had, you tilted your head up, looking him in those hypnotizing maroon eyes. "It's not that I don't trust you," you gave him a soft, small smile. "It's just been a while since I've opened up to someone again," His eyes widened at your smile. This was the first time you'd ever directed a smile towards him. His heart skipped a beat. You looked so much prettier up close, like an angel. Your hair softly set over your shoulders, the shine in your gorgeous eyes directed to him.

He was at a loss for words, not knowing how to respond. You chuckled. It seems you had a huge affect on him too.

Bravely, you put your gentle fingers on his chin, guiding him down towards your face. "I love you," you grinned, crashing his lips into yours.