Zenitsu X Reader

Thank you for all the sudden support! You guys are too sweet 😖😭💕

> Zenitsu X Reader

> Fluff

> Inspired by the song "Crybaby" by Melanie Martinez :^)

> "I look at you, and I see myself,"

>Enjoy!

⚡⚡⚡

A little ways from the butterfly estate, you sat, leaning against a tree. All this time, you held back sobs, covering it up with fake smiles. Recently, you had been feeling more down.

Finally alone, you were able to cry all you wanted. The tears spilled from your eyes, one after the other. You sobbed loudly, feeling relieved. It was a nice feeling, no longer having to hold it all in. You let your walls collapse, no longer having to hold up that facade any longer.

You could hear my own wails echo, the sound similar to that of a distressed child. Bittersweetly, you let out a chuckle. You were so pathetic, so weak.

"(Y/n)- chaaaaaan!" A familiar voice called out. In a rush, you rubbed your face, wiping your tears. You couldnt let anyone see you in this state. No, for it would be far too shameful. This wasn't like you; you were always someone who was humbly proud.

"There you are!" A shadow loomed over you, and you were far too scared to tilt your head up to meet those soft yellow eyes you loved so much. What would he think of this? Seeing you in such a broken down state? No, you wouldn't let him see.

Smiling, you stared straight ahead, trying to hide the fact that you were crying seconds ago. If you met those eyes, you knew for sure, those tears would pour out like a dam from your eyes again.

"Hi," It was hard to keep your voice at one range, it would crack if you spoke more. Zenitsu took a seat beside you, the goofy smile falling off his face. His expression morphed into one of concern.

"Hey," He spoke, much more calmly than before. "Were you crying?"

Instead of replying, you let out a small sob, followed by the endless tears. You covered your face with your hands in shame. "I guess it was that obvious huh?"

Zenitsu grew confused, not knowing what to do. It was a weird situation for him. Usually,it was the other way around. He would be the one crying and asking for comfort from you and others.

"H-hey! Um, don't cry," He began waving his hands around frantically, trying to think of a solution. In the midst of confusion, he wrapped his arms around you, setting your head softly against his chest.

You decided to speak up,letting your feelings out. "I'm probably going to sound pathetic," you start slowly, voice cracking, "But I feel weak. You and the others are so cool, always there to save people whenever they need it. Just look at you right now, listening to me. Your helping everyone all the time, I just, I dont know, I feel useless,"

His eyes widened. He hated the feeling it gave seeing you cry. Those voice cracks in your voice, cracked his heart. It reminded him of himself, when he would be alone on those lonely nights, crying himself to sleep.

"No, you are strong. You were strong enough to hold all this to yourself without ever breaking down." His voice sounded so different, so soft and soothing, "Don't ever say that again. You're not weak,"

"Tha-thank you," you let out, whimpering again. It was odd, but whenever someone comforted you, you felt like crying more. You tightened you arms around him, hugging him back. "Thank you," you whispered, tears still falling.

For a while, Zenitsu held you like that, comforting you, whispering sweet nothings, wiping away your tears. You made sure to thank him more later.