Chapter 2

Word Count: 3005

I think that from now on the story will be completely in the view of the Mandalorian, but I will be addressing the reader as either Y/N or "you", so I can stop with the whole "the girl" thing. It just makes the story flow better, and it will now be more clear that the character I'm referring to is in fact the reader.

Warnings: mentions of sex and abuse, some extreme violent occurrences that happen to children (all of this happens in the reader's past, and I put that part in italics so you can skip if needed).

When the Mandalorian followed you into your house, he was quite surprised to find how homey and warm it really felt (warm as in comfortable, because obviously it's warm in the house, it's Tatooine.)

He gave a sweep of the small house, something he had to do at every place he went. He noticed that the kitchen was small, with no fridge, a faucet coming out of the wall as a water source, a stove with only one burner.

Down the one hallway there were 3 rooms. The first on the left was a bathroom with a toilet, a single sink and a small bathtub. The second room looked to be your bedroom. It was simple, with only a made bed, a small nightstand holding one picture of you and an elderly woman, and a closet with only 2 outfits in it. In the very last room he noticed the same elderly woman from the picture laying in the bed asleep.

"That's my Grandma." You whispered from behind him. "Well, technically a friend of my actual Grandma, but I've known this woman all my life. Practically raised me. So, I just call her Grandma. Or, more commonly 'Ancient, yet wise' as a joke we came up with a long time ago. She's the fossil, I'm the flower."

The Mandalorian nodded as he looked between you and your "Grandma". He had some questions, but he felt rude to ask. Clearly you had sensed his questioning and told him to follow you.

You led him to a table with 2 apples that were starting to go bad, and started boiling some water on the stove. You gestured for him to sit, and when he complied, you began.

"I live in the town where the infamous Shmi and Anakin Skywalker used to live when the boy was just a boy, so this place seems to be some sort of local attraction on this dump of a planet.

"Local attraction to whom, you may ask, since Tatooine is not a place anyone in their right mind would go to for a vacation? Local attraction to Imperial Officers, Stormtroopers, and anyone who is part of the Empire. I have a feeling Darth Vader doesn't exactly like this place and wants it to be gone.

"So, what would you do if you were a Sith Lord and absolutely despised something? Destroy it, of course. And that's exactly what he did.

"My parents were slaves, just like I am now, but they abused me. Abused me and my baby sister Alora. Beat us till we were little pieces of pulp, then go have angry sex in their room, and not so quiet either. That was basically every night of our lives.

"Until one day.

"I had finished my duties, and instead of going straight home, I went to go visit my Grandma, who had been the only real parental figure in our lives.

"Alora wasn't with me, since she was still too young to do any work. I was helping the Fossil clean some of her pots and pans, and some of the vegetables she managed to grow, which still confuses me because we're in the middle of a desert, how the hell can you grow vegetables in sand... Where was I?

"Oh right. So I was washing some lettuce when we heard some sirens go off. I had never heard sirens before, ever, I didn't even know our town could afford sirens, so I didn't know what they meant, but my Grandma did.