Chapter 3

Word Count: 3158

Warnings: mild action, violence and some death, but mostly just very cheesy fluff.

The next morning, the Mandalorian woke up to the sound of some crackling and quiet humming. He quickly put his mask and armour on, and stepped out of the room.

When he saw you cooking an egg on the burner, he felt a little tug pull on his heart strings. He wondered what it would be like to watch you do that every morning. Every morning with clean clothes and a grand kitchen to cook in, with piles and piles of all the food you made. The bounty hunter shook his head as he cleared his mind of those thoughts.

When you heard his footsteps you turned towards the Mandalorian with a big grin plastered on your face. "Rise and shine, sleeping beauty. I think you may have slept in more than you meant to."

He paused for a moment, thinking. "Why, what time is it?" he replied in a small, monotone voice.

"11:30."

Silence. "What." He hadn't slept that late since... oh god, he can't remember.

You giggled. "Yup, 11:30. Don't you worry, I only have to work at the bar today and that starts at 4. Even so, I would have waited till you woke up."

Silence once more. "Thank you."

You grinned again. "Of course. I've got some more food here for you. I'm sorry it's not much, but it should last you at least till lunch." You placed the food in front of the Mandalorian. "I have to go feed Grandma, and I will be in there until you say it's okay. You're more than welcome to eat in my room if that makes you more comfortable."

You turned around and walked down the hall with a bowl in one hand and a glass of water in the other.

"Thank you." You stopped and turned around.

"Of course. Now eat your food."

The Mandalorian did as he was told. He went into your room, shut the curtain, sat on the bed and looked down at what you gave him: the egg you had just cooked, scrambled. An apple that looked like the freshest apple he had ever seen. 3 grapes that looked crisp, yet juicy. A sausage that looked to be cooked just right. And a piece of bread with butter on it.

Oh my god. The Mandalorian couldn't even begin to imagine how much this cost you, and how much extra you were going to have to work to pay it off. It wasn't even a lot of food, but on this planet? God, this would be equivalent to about 100 credits on Corellia. He couldn't eat this, plus, he could go out and buy his own food later. Maybe he could find a way to hide it here for you.

"You better be eating that food, Lumpy!" you shouted from the other room. How did you know?

He sighed and took off his helmet. He placed it right beside him and slowly started eating the food. He had to give it to you... it was delicious. For not eating many eggs and sausages in your life, you sure were good at cooking them.

Then he remembered that you probably cooked plenty in the restaurant you serve in as well.

He finished up the food quickly and put his helmet back on. As much as he really wanted to stay here with you, he had to go deliver his bounty before someone heard him wake up in his speeder.

He stepped out of the room and placed his plate on the table. He then walked down the hallway towards your Grandma's room, where he opened the curtain to see you feeding her the last of the oatmeal you made.

You must have felt the Mandalorian's stare because you didn't even turn to look at him as you asked, "All done?"

He nodded. "Yes."