Chapter 4

(Y/F/C) = Your Favourite Colour

Warnings: 8700 words (there's my slap in the face) of pure, cheesy fluff, and now that I'm looking back on it, a smidge of angst.

---

It had been about 4 hours of the Mandalorian sitting in the cockpit slowly slipping into madness as he watched the stars before he went back to check on you. For good measure he punched the target in the face as he walked by, and entered his room where he found you still sleeping peacefully.

There was still at least another day's trip to Coruscant, maybe even longer with his damaged hyperdrive, and the bounty hunter was starting to get tired. But there was no way he was going to wake you up. If you needed sleep, then you could get all the sleep you wanted.

The Mandalorian went back to the bathroom to grab some more antibiotics, this time in pill form, and left them alongside a glass of water on the nightstand. He was hoping they could relieve some of the pain in your shoulder.

After taking one last look to make sure you really were okay, the Mandalorian made his way back to the cockpit where he watched millions of stars zoom by. Again.

About another hour later the bounty hunter heard small footsteps. They were gentle, and seemed to be going quite slowly. The Mandalorian smiled to himself as he guessed it was you walking around in a bit of a daze from your sleep.

His assumption was quickly confirmed when he walked into the main sitting area of the ship and saw you looking around with quite a confused expression.

However, it seemed you had heard him coming because you quickly spun around to face him, grabbing a nearby pipe that had fallen off his speeder. The Mandalorian almost tripped over his feet when you laughed at yourself after coming to the realization that you were safe on his ship.

"Oh, Lumpy, thank goodness it's only you. I was worried I had been taken by those horrible clones."

The Mandalorian shook his head. How was he supposed to tell you that if something happened to you while he could have been there to help you, he'd never forgive himself? Thatd hed probably end up doing something very reckless and stupid because he now had to live in a universe you werent in anymore? It was my duty. Yeah, that ought to do it, now she knows you like her. Go me.

Your smile fell. "She told you to help me, didn't she? My Grandma?"

The bounty hunter remained silent, and you nodded.

"Of course she did."

"I think she knew it was coming, she told me before I left that I was to protect you. I hadn't realized she meant so soon."

You nodded again. "Well, nevertheless, I must thank you greatly, again, for this is now the second time you have saved my life."

It was quiet in the room for a minute, before you spoke up again. "You can drop me off wherever you'd like. I have a feeling I'll only get in your way if I stay. I don't want to be any trouble."

"You could never." I said that way too quickly. But it's true. How could something so innocent and gentle ever get in his way?

You smiled again, causing the butterflies in his tummy to start up again. "Even if I wasn't any trouble, I don't think I'd be much help either."

"What are you good at?" Smooth. Real smooth.

You thought for a moment before answering. "Not much. I can cook, clean, and I'm pretty good at mechanics. I used to fix a lot of pod racers and speeders at one of my older jobs. I can learn how to use them pretty quickly, too."