PROTECTION

SOME EVENTS IN THIS CHAPTER INVOLVE ASSAULT AND MAY BE TRIGGERING

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚟𝚒𝚒𝚒.

"I'm sorry, you mean Evian Folter as in the man I was just dancing with?" Callisto asked in disbelief.

Obi-Wan choked on air, "That was him?! Oh dear God."

Anakin walked over, looking Callisto up and down not once, not twice, but three times.

"Everything ok?" He asked Obi-Wan, his eyes still locked with Callisto's.

She found that extremely attractive, as would any sane woman.

"Callisto was just dancing with the killer," Obi-Wan said.

"What?! Where is he, I'll kill him now," Anakin said furiously, his face becoming very intimidating very quickly.

"Hold on, Anakin. I think she should dance with him again. She has her lightsaber, and if we can catch him doing something, we'll report it to the council. I don't have a body camera for nothing," Obi-Wan reasoned, motioning to the small camera that was disguised as a button.

Callisto liked his plan, ready to finally be a part of something big. "I'm down to do it, but Padmé will be safe, right?"

"Sure, Anakin will watch her. I'll follow you-" Obi-Wan began, but was cut off by Anakin.

"No. I'm watching his every move with Callisto," He said protectively. "After all, she is my padawan."

"Fine. Make sure your body camera is on, I'll wait with Padmé. Where is she?" Obi-Wan asked.

"She was dancing with a guy Evian came with, I'd look quickly," Callisto said and he immediately rushed off.

"I suppose you should get back to dancing. Did he say anything suspicious?" Anakin asked, searching her eyes.

"When I told him I was a jedi, he said 'that'd be a new one.' Don't let him kill me, ok?" Callisto teased.

"I won't. I promise," Anakin said seriously, giving her hand a squeeze with his real one. She blushed and walked off.

She found Evian who was patiently looking at the drink table.

"Good to see you back, milady. Shall we continue dancing?" He said properly.

"We may," Callisto responded with a fake smile and began dancing with him once again, secretly watching his every move.

"This music is dreadful. They're playing different types of it in the lounge, if you would like to join me there," Evian said with a seductive smirk.

"Of course," She teased, tugging on his tie.

He grabbed her hand and lead them somewhere, giving Callisto just enough to look back. Where was Anakin? You'd think he'd stand out since he's 6'2, but he was no where to be seen.