4

Zac's P.O.V

'Crap, she's here!'

I felt a wave of fear crash over me at Shelby's text. The way it was written, who it was written to... it just wasn't right.

'We... we have to do something! Shelby's going to get hurt, several people are going to get hurt!'

'What are we meant to do?'

'I don't know, but we'll figure it out.'

The next day, I was in the studio doing some work when the door slammed shut and a, "ZAC, WE GOTTA TALK!" came from the other side of the room.

Lucas came over and slapped his phone down onto the desk. "She's freaking me out."

It was a chain of texts between him and Shelby. I bit my lip before reading through them all.

'Did you really think you were safe, Lucas?'

sent 9:46am

'Um... shelby, are you okay?'

sent 9:46am

'I don't think I'm the one you should be worrying about.'

sent 9:47am

'This prank isnt funny, dude, im scared.'

sent 9:48

'It isn't a prank. Lucas, she's in my head, she's gaining control, gather up the others and get help!'

sent 9:49am

'Whats going on?'

sent 9:49am

'You're going to die ;)'

sent 9:50am

"I had something odd from her yesterday too," I said, showing Lucas the texts I'd gotten the previous night.

I felt an odd change in me, and I knew Tibby wanted to say something. I let him do so. "Hank, Henry, whatever the hell your name is-"

"Henry."

"I'm just gonna call you Billy. But that's not the point. We're here, Laura's here, Mickey's obviously here too! After last night, the... the 'game', something must've happened. She managed to get here. Without any help at all."

"What do... how... she's the one with... WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE MEANT TO DO?!"

"I DON'T KNOW!!"

Lucas frowned, and I felt myself in control again. "How are we meant to stop something that shouldn't exist in the first place?" I asked.

"I feel like we've asked this question several times, just worded in different ways," Lucas pointed out.

"Well we're gonna keep asking it until we know what to do. We need to warn her friends."

"Would they believe us though?"

"They'd believe one of their own. They have a couple other LA friends, and they've been on Kollok before."