~Chapter 4~

'H-hm, where am I? ' I questioned myself in curiosity. all i could see around me was blindingly white walls covering the area around me. i veered my gaze towards my now bandaged hands.

'did they..see my.. oh no..'

 the door creaked open; i flinched by the sudden motion. 

"Oh, you finally awoken," Chan said with relief. he began to make his way to the seat placed right beside the bed i was laying on.

"By the way chan, where am i? what happened?" my curiosity intensified. my head was tilted to the side, indicating my confusion.

"I see you don't remember. Basically Mina and her set of friends were physically bullying you, which caused you to get a lot of wounds and a bit of blood loss which caused you to faint. Thank god I came at the right time."

'Oh yeah..that..'

"i'd be best if i were thrown off..I don't deserve to live," I thought, as a thought of realisation hit me forcefully like the waves hitting the shores of the beaches; i said it out. 

"did you sa-"

"I SAID NOTHING!" I blurted out in panic, as my knees were pressed against my chest, my body cradling back and fourth.

"if you say so," he said, worried,"oh..if you don't mind, what are those cuts on you hands? the nurses say those look like cuts that are made by someone, instead of cat scratches or something...do you-"

"NO I DON'T CUT MYSELF!" yet again, I interrupted chan. i let out a gasp, swiftly covering my mouth with the palm of my arm- which did stung alot. Oh hell was it embarrassing and noticeable. I'm such a dumbass!

"wait...but...why..." stuttered chan, his eyes were widened in shock.

"Sigh look, if you don't want to friend me, I totall-"

he began to quietly cry.

"ch-chan..why are you c-crying.. no..d-don't cry!"

"*sob* why would I? You're great friend, and... I can't leave you alone to suffer, *sob* i know what you're going through.. and *sob* you don't..d-deserve this pain.." he sobbed.Through his speech, i knew he was very much a victim..like me..

"ch-chan.." tears began to run down my cheeks. I briskly engulfed him in a nice, warm hug, letting out our pent up feelings.

"Kyung..i wanna make a promise," chan declared.

"what is it?" I asked, as we both drifted off the hug. My eyes unconsciously drowning into his.

"I promise that.. by the end of this year.. you will be broken free from what is hurting you. Starting off, we should stop you from any way of self harm," he began. 

I froze. I was completely frozen. I literally couldn't move a single inch. all i could feel was such..relief? such happiness.. thank you for bringing someone like him to my life..

"alright..I promise."

-minutes later-

It was time for me to go home. as expected, I couldn't participate in the classes i had missed, due to my injuries, and the fact that i was told to rest throughout the school hours and not push myself too much since i was quite sore.

sadly, chan couldn't join me on my walk back home, since he had after school sessions on that day too.

 I walked home. My eyes stared right down at the rough gravel floor of the bare streets. what sucked was the fact that everyone, Literally everyone, was eye-ing the bandages i had wrapped around my arms.

' jeez, i probably should've worn my jacket!'

.

Home sweet home, I finally could take a long rest! 

I shuffled around  through the keys to find the right one for the main door of my apartment.

"oh dear, are you alright?" a soft, calming voice echoed through. turns out it was my neighbour, Rin noona. she's a college student who lives right beside me. we have a pretty good relationship between each other.

"ah yeah, i just got injured while i was at school. Its not serious though," I assured.

"alrighty. Make sure to take a good amount of rest and not push yourself. if you need anything, i'm always next door! anyways, i better be on my way now, take care!"

"thank you, noona, have a safe trip!" I bowed.

click, the door opened. I flicked the light on, the house lighting up in a flash. remembering to lock the door behind me, I walked into my room, plopping my bag on the corner of my desk, then throwing myself on the soft, supple bed of mine.

I let out a sigh of relied, till..

ding! a message popped up on my phone.

kangaroo boi

chan: hey, you home?

kyung: yeah, I just reached home, how's the classes going?

chan: it's going quite well not gonna lie, i just can't wait for it to be over!!

kyung: haha, hang in there!

chan: anyways, i wanted to tell you to take care of yourself and rest well so you can heal      quickly! make sure to eat proper meals ok?

kyung: overprotective aye??

chan: I can't risk my friend getting injured again y'know! :c

kyung: kekeke alright xD

chan: btw,  i'm coming over to your house to take care of ya tmrw since its the weekends

kyung: wait.. wHAAAAT?!

chan: yep, it's MY duty, and you can't deny NOTHING 

kyung: bUT, what if i say no?

chan: well you can't, i'm coming anyways ^^ 

kyung: yaaahh how persistent.. alright alright, see ya tmrw. just so you know my address is xxxxxx xxxx xxxx

chan: how could i not know, i literally walk with you to school everyday! 

kyung: well i shall send it anyways just because.

chan: just. because. nice

kyung: alrighty, i'll be going to sleep now, i feel so tiredd ;-;'

chan: okie okie, sleep well!

kyung: i will kekeke, anyways, bye!

I let out a giggled.

'Aigoo, he's so overprotective! '

.

.