Chapter 11

"Hey, everybody. Just thought we'd let you know Adventuregirl5 worked really hard on this chapter and it wasn't easy" 

"So thank you all for appreciating her hard work and dedication she puts into her stories for all of you guys. That is all" Cynthia told the readers, then left. 

*A/N: Thank you all for your support, my fans ;) 

Ari was out on the ocean's shoreline, facing out into the Dark Sea as the waves came crashing down against the shoreline. 

Now it's not that Ari hated the water, she just hated being in water over her head. 

There was no way she was going to cross the Dark sea like this. And believe me she already tried, but ended getting washed right back up onto the shore. 

She was going to have to find a different way to get to Ahtohallan. 

She headed east, back into the forest and started going down a different path where it was rather quiet... A little too quiet. 

Ari continued to proceed with caution as she kept on going through the forest. That's when things started to turn bad... 

Ari started to look around and noticed the trees and brush started to catch on fire and was quickly spreading around her. She suddenly got suspicious as she wasn't the one doing this, and it wasn't Bruni either. 

She then heard this odd screeching sound from up above. 

The princess looked up through the trees to see this gorgeous giant bird flying overhead, like the legendary pokemon Ho-Oh. But this wasn't no ordinary bird, it was a Phoenix, a mythical bird from ancient Greek folklore made completely out of fire.  

She eyed the huge mythical bird curiously, until she saw it coming down pretty fast at her. Ari quickly dodged the Phoenix as it swooped down at her and came around again to take another go at her. 

It was attacking her! Ari wasn't going to let the giant firebird get her though and blasted her magic at it, a direct hit in the face. But the fire bird flew up and came around again to try and strike her. It tried blasting her a few times, but Ari was quicker and blasted the Phoenix again. This time, sending it down crashing through the trees with a thud.  

Ari slowly and cautiously came up to the bird that was down for the count. It slowly looked at her with its big red eyes. Ari looked back into its eyes, only to realize the reason why the Phoenix had attacked her was because she had invaded it's territory. 

That made the young princess frown, as she felt bad. She needed to make it up to it somehow. 

Ari then remembered something her aunt had taught her back when she was younger...

"Don't fight fire with fire"

Ari soon sighed, realizing the only way she was going to get out of this was if she befriended the Phoenix.  

She slowly and cautiously came up to the large fire bird. She then slowly reached her hand out towards it and gently placed it on top of its head. This was very much like when Hiccup first befriended Toothless. 

The Phoenix started to calm down while the fire around the forest decreased. The Phoenix looked up at Ari as it seemed to be smiling at her. Ari chuckled a little as she smiled back at the bird, having managed to tame it. 

She then stepped back while the giant bird stood up. It then crouched back down as it looked like to be offering Ari to ride on its back. 

The princess was hesitant at first, but soon climbed up and positioned herself on the fire bird's back.