Chapter 1

Y/N's life was simple and she liked it that way. She was currently on her way back home from university, sitting down at the back of the bus with her earphones blocking out any sounds of the miserable world she lived in. The world was miserable, unfair, and a maze of events that had no end to it. A lot of people surrounding Y/N say that life is too boring and too planned. They wanted something more adventurous and more unreal – like dragons soaring the sky and unicorns galloping down sparkling rainbows! She was trapped in a building of imaginative creatures, and she didn't expect any better because she chose to attend a course of literature.

So here she was, stuck with people who actually loved the idea of literature – and, of course, fantasy. The stuff about dragons and whatnot that spits out of their mouths seems like childish dreams that she didn't dream as a child. As a child, up to the 21-year-old adult she is now, Y/N remained the same, studious, stoic faced girl she is. She never like socializing or being with people, never exactly had 'friends'. For her, people were just mere creatures that happened to be dropped into the same land she walked on, as though the world was a video game and people were nothing more than NPC's. She never looked back, never waited for anyone, never stopped walking, she continued her planned life. Because she accepted the fact, that the world was miserable, unfair, and a maze of events that had no end to it.

For her life was survival, nothing interesting will happen anyways. You are born into the world to grow up, study, study more, get a job, get married, have children, and die. That's all you are here for. That is all what Y/N wants to be here for. So, the fantasies of dragons and unicorns will forever remain fantasies in her head. A writer who cannot find joy in imagining. Now that was ironic.

She stuffed her earphones back into her bag, a bit disappointed that the soothing sound of music left her ears. She didn't give it much thought though, and quickly hurried out of the bus and walked towards her apartment.

Her apartment was located in a small building that was mostly occupied by college students just like her. It wasn't much; a cuboid of cement filled with a couple of 1bhk apartments. They were tightly packed houses and it was quite easy for you to hear your neighbor if they made much noise. For two years of her living here in her college life she was blessed by having an empty house next to hers. Which meant no distractions while reading or writing her essays for university. It was peaceful ride up from the elevator to the floor she lived on.

When the metal doors slide open, they usually reveal two brown doors, 104 and 105, both doors closed. This time, when the metal doors slid open, it revealed to Y/N two brown doors, 104 and 105, one closed and the other one open!

It was 105 that was open, with cardboard boxes scattered across the white tiled floors, leading inside the apartment.

Someone's moving in?

Y/N shifted to see inside the apartment and was greeted with a man that cracked his back due to it stiffening from bending down too much. He wiped sweat-beaded forehead with the back of his hand, his semi wet bangs made way for his dark chocolate eyes. As they met Y/N's curious ones peering into his apartment, he smiled the widest smile she had ever witnessed and waved his hand at her, his hair moving left to right because of the movement.

It startled her, but it was quickly replaced by her stony face.

All Y/N did was bow her head shallowly to the man, opened the door to her apartment – 104, went inside and continued with her planned life.

What she didn't know, was that the man that was now going to be living next to her would constantly be part of her planned life, which might just cause things to go unplanned. 

A/N : the slanted sentences are all Y/N's thoughts (not this one!)